1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cut your teeth on the Word of Faith

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Sep 13, 2018.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I recommend people cut their teeth on Word of Faith doctrine.

...The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:8-9

If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. - 1 Timothy 4:6

Faith... Build your foundation on faith teaching... You are not going anywhere without it! Then move on to the heavier stuff once the faith is in place.

2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am white and of Scottish descent. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me saying...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful. There is another thing they use to say...

"Good fellowship makes you strong!"

I believe that and pray also that the Lord leads you into quality Christian fellowship. Study and start applying the Word of Faith in your own life! You are strong, smart, and blessed in Jesus name! Confess good things!

The opposite of the Word of Faith would be negative talk originating from the "What's wrong with the church" bunch. Which is a great way to destroy a church!

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well McCwowt I was raised in the church and have been it for over 50 years... This was passed down to me many years ago a true story and I will pass it on to you... It was a conversation that involved two ministers... First minister inquired, So how is church?... Second minister. Its out of order?... First minister I'm really sorry to hear that, what wrong with it?... Second minister... I'M IN IT!

There is no perfect church only imperfect sinners who are in it... If you are pointing fingers at the church you are in maybe you should look in ward and instead of out word, and in Christian love help to correct it... I can only correct me and then and only then, convince thee, if the Lord helps me... Brother Glen:)

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Could you elaborate? What is the heavier stuff? The "word(s) of faith" is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. This is where every born of God Christian begins.

5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Heavier stuff as in teachings of men like John Bunyan and John Wesley.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot John Gill... Brother Glen:)

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What parts of what these men taught do you consider heavier?