1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Da Vinci Code? What is it?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 15, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Da Vinci Code? What is it?

There are so many people talking about this movie and how its based on real evidence left behind by Da Vinci. I know nothing about his can you all please inform me on any info related to this.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

A good Google search will help.

The short answer is that it's a movie based on a novel based on another book based on faulty information, suppositions, and an unhealthy obsession with destroying the Catholic Church.

Jesus was, according to this book/movie, Jesus was married, had a kid, never rose from the dead, and the Bible was written by Constantine, who parenthetically created the Christian church.

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Short answer. A boring book and an equally boring movie. Both are so error filled, I had to go double check that Paris is in France, but it is also in Texas. So which is the truth? I think there is a code hidden in the names of cities. hmmm... I smell a new Dan Brown book. I think it will be called "The Municipal Code". Just as boring and just as long as his previous novels.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Dan' Brown's nose was stuffy the other day, and it gave him an idea for another blockbuster: "I Have A Code"

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Yeah if you don't know anything about it, I would suggest you would be better off not getting into it, especially if you are easily swayed in regard to doctrine.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

On the other hand, there have been some pretty fine studies of the theology. Josh McDowell's book comes to mind, for example.

7. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Forget it, Tali. It's a lot of rotten baloney. Dan Brown, the author, is about as antichrist as one can get and not be the real mccoy. Those who read it and believe it have been utterly deceived.

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is "fiction".

And it is an imaginative tale about Christ being married - as if "making stuff up" is going to bring down all of Christianity.

Hollywood stood up - then fell on it's sword on this one.

In Christ,

Bob