1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad's job, mom's cancer

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Anastasia, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

The company my dad works for is considering 4 different offers to buy it. If the company is sold, which it probably will be, then my dad is a prime candidate for a layoff. In one more year of employment, the company will have to offer dad and spouse insurance upon retirement. They like to lay people off and re-hire at lower rates. My family will already has a tough time paying for certain things.

My mom might have cancer again. Accuracy, and preferably no-cancer results, please. First biopsy for this was today. So far, not so good looking. Tech was too sympathetic and was talking about the initial reason for biopsy probably being cancer. Other form of biopsy on Thursday.

#1 Anastasia, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  2. tommie

tommie New Member

I will pray for the Lord to intervene on behalf of your family. Praying for a good outcome of your mother's medical issues. Praying it is nothing serious. God loves you always.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: with you concerning your mom, praying that she is cancer-free!:praying: that God will meet the financial needs and your dad's job!:1_grouphug:

4. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

Some abnormalities: Benign or Malignant is the question I guess? She goes back the first week of March for final results.

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Will be praying for you and these situations. Pls keep us posted.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Our family is dealing with both of those issues as well. Prayed for you all today

7. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

I shall pray for you as well.

8. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

What is going on with your dad seems to be very common at this time more than ever. The recession is forcing business to sell out or to negotiate cheaper ideas such as low cost labor workers. It might be helping the company to save money. But they are losing a lot of quality.

I hope that God will help your dad to get another Job to take care of his needs. And I pray to God this will be “Benign” no cancer. I don’t consider myself the best of prayers. But I know that God can work in these situations. My advice is post this prayer at all forums you go to if you go to other forums also. This way you will have more people praying. That’s what I usually do. Your friend RJ :praying:

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will appear strange to say & hear but God provides ....He has proven it to me time after time.....we will be praying 4 all.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers....