1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Darwin Then and Now

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Feb 7, 2015.

1. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Johnny Cash, now there is a high standard, almost as good as Kenneth Copeland.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Now what makes you think anyone is holding Mr. Cash up as some standard? Oh, and BTW I am not defending Aaron either, the one who started the Cash tangent.

3. quantumfaith

I would really appreciate to know more of what you mean by this.

4. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, both are men whose center of their life are worldly goods. Their driving force in life is/was money. Kenneth Copeland teaches false doctrine and has gotten rich off the backs of folks who were blind enough to send him donations. He is totally wrapped up in the charismatic movement, which is basically nothing more than a cult. One song in a career does not make a Christian. I assume as much as I can tell, that the "man coming around" is the 2nd Coming of Christ. Christ is not "the man." He is the Creator of the Universe, Son of God, and God Himself. The song shows a total lack of reverence. If I wanted to admire someone for their Christian testimony, I think I would choose someone different than Johnny Cash.

5. quantumfaith

I do not think Mr. Cash had any malevolence or irreverence when performing that song. Yes, Mr. Cash had a challenging life full of sin and the events and circumstances attest to that. I don't know anything about the life of Kenneth Copeland. On the surface (surface only) you might find other individuals who appear to have a much more positive witness.....but you also do not know what they wrestle with in the dark corners of their hearts and lives either. These men will (have) answer to God, just as YOU and I will when our time comes.

6. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Touche. I have been haunted lately by a murder case here locally. A couple I had known for almost 40 years from church is the object. The husband is on trial for first degree murder of his wife. Someone shot her four times with a 45 and set the house on fire. The man on trial is a traveling salesperson and says he was at a motel three hours away when it happened. Prosecutors say he did a round trip that night and killed her. The jury gets the case Tuesday.

My wife and I have been out to eat with them and outings through the church. It makes one ponder, are all of us capable of this? We all do share a common fallen state. As the Bible says of Cain, if you do not do well, sin is at your door. Testimony shows he was leading a double life with girl friends on his travel route. It has bothered me for over a year that I thought I knew this person (if he did it). So, the central question is, are any of us capable of such acts given the right circumstance? David did about the same thing.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh for Pete's sake . . .

The man, Christ Jesus (I Tim. 2:5) is the Mediator, and He decides whom to free and whom to blame--whether we have a problem with Him or not.

One's thoughts of the vessel is irrelevant. That song is dead on.

8. quantumfaith

MY answer is a resounding YES. Any of us is capable of anything we see in the lives of others.

9. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The purpose of that song was to make money.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So true, as while people love to quote the odds on there has to be intelligent life out there, is it not true that God created the earth and the solar system with exactly right measures needed to have Him create and substain life, so why can we assume that he chose to do that again anywhere else>

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I realize that QF. I posted some remarks about Nobel Prize winner and Christian Charles Townes, I believe on this thread, who was also an old universe believer. I would suggest that people on this Forum would do well to read about his remarkable life.

Looking back it must be some where else.