1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dave Hunt: What Love Is This?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Could someone refesh my memory. Who is HOS?

#41 Alive in Christ, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

HeirofSalvation.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Oh yes. Of course.

I am surprised HOS got banned. :confused:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Most likely a 10 day vacation.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am surprised that you are surprised.

6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Considering that the Calvinists on here repeatedly vilify all Non Calvinists with as much vitriol as they can muster, yes it is a surprise that he was banned, but of course, there are hundreds of threads to monitor and it is likely that the mods can not possibly see all of what goes on UNLESS THEY ARE TOLD.

Of course, that is the logical explanation as to why he was banned because the Calvinists resort to such tactics to silence those who offer arguments that they don't like and/or can not answer. They are permitted free reign to criticize a Non Calvinists intelligence, salvation, education, sincerity, understanding, but the minute a Non Calvinist flips the table on them, they want to play the victim like a typical Muslim to the UN when Jews fight back, and complain to the mods "the Non Cals are picking on me", and that's exactly what happened with HoS.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why, I've far worse from Aaron, preacher for truth, Luke and EWF. All surprisingly never received 2 year bans. Some have posted 4 letter words that were never edited after being reported. Highly biased moderating here. Get on a moderators bad side and they will infraction you due to ridiculous things. You should see the posts of mine used to give me an infraction. Only 2 mods who violate their power while breaking the same rules. Hypocritical.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The thread that had remarks by HOS, which got him banned, has been removed. That might be why some are surprised.
    His posts were waaay out of line.

9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repeatedly vilify???????

For a minute I thought you had switched your view.

There is enough vitriol on both sides to butter the bread loaf. Don't try to score points by demeaning either side.

It would have done your post a lot better if you had left this paragraph completely out.

The mods do a rather good job, and are fairly even handed in dealing with all sides of an issue - even one in which they would contend for a differing view.

And you have PROOF of this shameful attack?

You want to denigrate Calvinistic thinkers and yet your own posts are filled with the same.

Rarely, have I seen you post anything that does not have some demeaning reference to the Cal view, even when the OP has little or nothing to do with such.

Sometime, I would like to see a series of threads in which the posters jointly refuse to "label" but stay strictly within the Scriptures and place Scripture and Scripture principle above all labels.

Perhaps there may be more unity in doctrine.

10. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't get to see the posts that give you an infraction - not that I am aware, anyway.

Would you post them again so we can also see examples and be aware of the 2 mods who violate their power? :)

If posts are that bad that they call for a mod to step into the fray and even threaten to use their power, it would seem as though the posters need to step back and ask what testimony is being displayed.

There are folks who read the BB for sometime and never even register.

I suspect the NSA does, don't you?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll be more than happy to pm the "offending" posts so you can see just how trivial the infractions are...and from the same 2 mod's, nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.