1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Bloom

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Apr 7, 2003.

1. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

not sure how many watch the Today show... I love it...

anyway I just realized that David Bloom was the journalist from NBC who died from heart failure in Iraq the other day :( While he was no Matt Lauer or Al Roker (sp?) he was still a great news anchor...

what really saddens me other than the fact that he died after acheiving his dream of becoming a news correspondant... he probably died not knowing Jesus as his Savior :(

2. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

Just a little advice from one youth to another. The only person that can make that judgment is God. Man is not to judge. The bible says "Ye without sin cast the first stone." Just a little advice don't say someone is lost because you don't know their heart.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

3. UnashamedYouth

no doubt I don't... but at the same time I can safely say that most men and women in hollywood or on TV or whatever are not... I'm not condemning him... and I'm not saying he wasn't... I'm just saying there's a "good" chance that he wasn't...

however I did read that he did go to church so I'm hoping I'm wrong...

does that mean I can't say pray for my friend she's lost because I don't know her heart? I don't think so.

4. christfollower55

I never said don't pray or ask for prayer for someone you don't belive is saved. I said don't say someone isn't saved. Espically since you said you thought that because he was on t.v.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

5. UnashamedYouth

if the shoe fits *shrugs*

I'd love to be wrong... and I'm not "judging" him... I'm not comparing him or his lifestyle to mine... he's just never been vocal on his faith if he is. I've been taught by my BAPTIST church that if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and acts like a duck then it's a duck... same goes for a Christian... and as I said I really did like David as a personality... and I'd love to be wrong.

6. Preacher Nathan Knight

Ive never heard of David Bloom. But then again I only watch the best news around, the Fox News Channel! [​IMG]

7. christfollower55

I have been taught the same thing. If it looks like sin, smells like sin, sounds like sin then it is sin. However, we don't go telling people that someone is lost because they sin. everyone sins. the only reason that i am noting going to hell is because i was saved by the grace of God! so please just drop this issue!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

8. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I'm actually intrigued by this. What does any of us know of David Bloom beyond his being a war correspondent and whatever else we've heard or read in the news since his death? What intrigues me is the "looks like a duck" stuff. Is being a journalist "ducklike?" Is it something only the unsaved "Hollywood" types do? Or is it a job, like any other, done by saved and unsaved people alike? That's what intrigues me, that one could make such a judgement about one's "looking, acting yadda yadda yadda like a duck" based solely on one's being a reporter. Is journalism a "heathen" trade?

I'm very confused by that.

9. christfollower55

now i am confused who do you agree with? if not me that's fine i was just wondering! thanks for the help with the youth choir music!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

10. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

No, I'm agreeing with you. I'm just not sure what David Bloom did that looks like a duck, etc, other than be a journalist.

You're welcome. I discovered that my sheet music is not where I thought (I haven't gotten completely unpacked yet [​IMG] ), but I know I've got some other good stuff in there.

11. christfollower55

Thank you once again and no problem, just email me or post something to let me know....

GOD BLESS AMERICA

12. UnashamedYouth

:rolleyes: and this is the stuff I understood in 5th grade... I forget "real" Christians are more intellectual than a Houston Police Officer turned Preacher

All I'm saying is that from what I gathered David was not a STRONG Christian if he was at all... his stance on some key issues just didn't go with what most Christians have. He wasn't just a war correspondant... he has been on several news shows...

Journalism is not a "pagen" or "heathanistic" trade. I hope to go into TV and into Hollywood...

but at the same time TV and HOLLYWOOD are far from being Christian orriented(though if I'm wrong and they are Christian then I must be the pagen :rolleyes: )

13. christfollower55

you are still judging hollywood. you are not supposed to do that? drop the issue.

GOD BLESS AMERICA