1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Tyree!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by convicted1, Jun 17, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I enjoyed when he made the catch, sealing the fate of the much hated pats. :laugh:

Hopefully we won't see some follow-up apology from him, as most fold under the pressure. I hope he feels none, or doesn't care.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If he apologizes for what he said, that would be a shame. He hit the nail on the head, and they know it. Its time that we take a stand against sin, period. Being "wishy-washy" in regards to any sin, let alone homosexuality, is what satan desires for us to do, if you ask me.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Is one's views about same-sex marriage a valued skill on the football field? Because if it is, then I'd like to have Tyree on my beloved Chicago Bears. But, if his views on same-sex marriage don't enhance his skill as a wide receiver, then I don't want to see him on my team, because I don't think he's a very good football player. I think his views on same-sex marriage neither help, nor hinder, his skill as a football player. Thus, his views on same-sex marriage don't matter as to whether he comes back to the NFL or not.

Frankly, I don't really care what David Tyree's beliefs about same-sex marriage are. While his views don't hurt the gospel message, neither do they advance it.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

CCrob touches on a great point. Whether I agree with Tyree or not is not the question. It's whether what Tyree states is more or less true or attractive because he believes it or not. Let me put it another way: Christianity is just as wonderous whether the guy three houses down publicly states he's a Christian or whether Peyton Manning does. However, not all Christians feel this way. They stick out their chests when a famous person, an athlete, etc., professes faith, and yet the reaction when someone common does so is much less boisterous or proud. It's a temptation we all must guard against.