1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Wilkerson

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Scribe, Oct 18, 2007.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

I have heard many good things of and from Wilkerson. He is a charismatic who is dead set against the current version of. He is more of a 'it's a personal thing' not to be flaunted or set out like a stage show. If it happens he goes with it, but for the most part he is reserved and has sent out some very scathing letters many of the big Charismatic stars about their treatment of God, His Holiness, and piety in our christian walk. He is one of the few I can take seriously.

I haven't listened to it yet but I will later.

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

So, have you downloaded this yet?

Anyone else?

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

That site wouldn't let me download it, just listen on a webpage with quicktime.

5. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

David Wilkerson is an unhealthy source for sound doctrinal teaching. Albeit he clearly understands and presents the gospel message, that of course does not make okay bad doctrinal teaching in other areas. For Christian (people who have been saved, believe the gospel) their considerations are on who is going to be their source for Bible instruction. David Wilkerson is not a good choice, in fact a bad choice.

Here are some links with very unhealthy ideas and doctrines practiced and taught by Wilkerson:

David Wilkerson's Economic Vision (the book itself included this prophetic claim was written in the early 70's).

The Joash Syndrome (a response from Moriel Ministies to letters they received upon a not long ago visit by Wilkerson to the U.K.).

Wilkerson's "River of Life" Prophecy and Critique
    (the critique is provided by James Sundquist and points out Wilkerson's violation of even basic textual understandings of passages).

False Prophecies 1 (website chronicling false prophecies and gross misinterpretations of Scripture by Wilkerson).

False Prophecies 2 (website chronicling false prophecies and gross misinterpretations of Scripture by Wilkerson).

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

I just finished listening to his "sermon". It was what I thought it would be. It is typical of most "hell" sermons I've heard. Most of his ramblings come from his imagination not scripture, and the little scripture he uses is out of context. Go back and listen with your Bible in hand and try to find what he describes in scripture.

He also contradicts himself, he at first says anyone in hell would not take a second chance even if offered by God, later he tells how those in hell will be able to time-travel back in their conscious and will wish they could now accept Christ. It was a waste of time.

7. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I'm not sure how many of you believe you're perfect, but I would say no one is. ;)

Wilkerson is a great preacher that preaches against things most preachers won't touch. Because they don't want to lose people in their church.

You need to listen to his other sermons.

Wicked Youth is another good one.

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Over the years I have read many of Wilkerson"s messages that have been a true blessing to me.

9. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

If you don't want comments, then don't ask for them.:BangHead:

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The realities of prayer do not get preached enough.

11. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I didn't address you. I was just commenting.

But, I will say you're too quick to jump on a brother in Christ.

Even the Disciples let Jesus down. ;)

12. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Point out where my comments addressing his sermon were wrong. You asked what people thought of his sermon, I told you what I thought of it. Next time perhaps say "only those who agree with him, tell me what you think".

Did you like the part where he said the Holy Spirit revealed to him that "worms" were actually your conscience, then seemed upset when he heard another man say the same thing but didn't credit him for the interpretation. The man seems quite self-absorbed.