1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dawkins on eugenics

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize if someone posted this before because it dates back to June 18 when Richard Dawkins, one of the world's leading atheists tweeted:

And you thought Francis was the ‘good Pope’? Abortion to avoid birth defects is not about eugenics. It’s about the avoidance of individual human suffering.

In my personal opinion saying that abortion to avoid birth defects is not eugenics but is done to relieve suffering is a distinction without a difference.

Indiana passed a law in 1907 that provided for "...involuntary sterilization of "confirmed criminals, idiots, imbeciles and rapists." This law attracted the attention of the Germans and they picked it up and implemented it in Germany. I agree with those who say that Dawkins is attacking the image of God.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.