1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dawkins self-proclaimed evilutionism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the overwhelming enthusiasm shown on this board to disregard Christ the Creator's own memorial of the Creation fact - there is one topic that is not so generally opposed -- that is well tolerated and with many even "accepted"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ8_bIji7gQ

There we see Richard Dawkins contrasting religion with what he calls "evilution" and declaring that Christian faith is simply a mindless "thought vaccuous" way to cope with life.

What is facinating is the way his inner demons led him to Ted Haggard as an avenue for making his case even before Ted was exposed.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=3&entry_id=10553

So "clearly" the other side has its act together.

Meanwhile Christian denominations go so far as to "teach" atheist darwinism, to condemn the Romans 1 compatible views of non-Christian evolutionists holding to intelligent design as "having too much God in it" -- and then to bash Christ the Creator's memorial of HIS work in Creation.

Seems like a "perfect" route of the Christians -- at one level.

Thoughts?

In Christ,

Bob

#1 BobRyan, Nov 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2006
  2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your thoughts on his video above?

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So far we are batting 1000 -- for every 10 posts attacking Christ the Creator's Word calling us to honor the Creation FACT - in His choice of the Sabbath - we have NO objection at all voiced to the role Dawkins describes above against the Creator.

Because "in fact" there is much more tolerance in Christianity for the Christ-denying doctrine of atheist darwinism - than there is for Christ Creation memorial.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But you have to ask yourself - how ELSE does the doctrine of atheist darwinism get EMBRACED by the MAJORITY of the Christian church - if not by turning a blind eye to it.

Indeed "how else".

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

one man discussion Bob?
    gotta love watching this.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks Jim - I thought it was a good way to illustrate just HOW Richard Dawkins is able to have so much success among Christians with atheist darwinism EVEN when he publishes a video of the type in the link of the OP.

No "magic" there - it happens because Christians are letting it happen as this thread shows in triplicate!

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Dawkins has success among christians? Among which christians?
    I think this guy has some real issues, he seems totally sold out to his silly,rebellious fight against God like a stupid child which is trying to destroy a wall with a plastic hammer.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dawkins promotes atheist darwinism -- DARWIN also concluded that his doctrines force the thinking devotee to his beliefs to conclude for atheism.

Darwinian evolutionism IS THE DOMINANT view of origins embraced by most Christian institutions (Catholic 1.2 billion, Orthodox .3 billion, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, ...etc)

But that was not true 150 years ago or even 100 years ago. So the point is HOW did the VAST MAJORITY of Christian groups get suckerred into going down that road? The answer is "by turning a blind eye" to this cancer AS IF it could not possibly "come into the church".

And that is how it has become the DOMINANT view among Christians today. Hence - Dawkins can then use it as a club to bash those same Christians - and their response is "dead silence" both among those who EMBRACE his views and those who are blindly pretending they do not exist and pose no threat.

The response is the same in both groups.

In Christ,

Bob

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I think the christians simply think that evolution is a fact and now they want to appear "smart" and "scientific" by simply agreeing with it. Maybe they also think that by accepting evolution they appear more credible and increase the chance of winning new people for christianity. I think many christians are simply scared of being scoffed at.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All good points.

When the RCC embraced paganism in the 4th century - converting pagan idols and false gods into "saints" and adding prayers to the dead - they were thinking much the same thing. It eventually took over the entire church just as atheist darwinism today has done.

The video points out the reaction of the atheist darwinists to "christianity" showing how poorly the compromise tactic has worked out for christians.

It would have been much better to stick with real science, remaining faithful to God's word and having a pure Gospel -- rather than throwing it all out the window for the junk-science doctrines of atheist darwinism and then being "dissappointed" that the atheist darwinists still trash Christians as the video points out.

In Christ,

Bob

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Darwin simply has a problem with sin and rebellion and not with science. I think he simply doesn't want God. He would rather believe in space aliens which created us 500 billion years ago. :laugh:

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Darwin is dead. Has been for a long time now.

He never believed that space aliens created us 500 billion years ago; nor does Dawkins now.

13. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Sorry, I meant Dawkins of course.

Dawkins, Darwin aren't they all the same? lol

14. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I just wanted to make a clarification on the generalization on church bodies, namely Lutheran bodies, accepting darwinian evolution. The LC-MS, WELS, ELS do not accept darwinian evolution. We teach 6 day creation. The ELCA may accept darwinian evolution but they threw out the bible and lutheran confessions a long time ago.

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well said.

There may also be some flavor of the Presbyterian divisions - that does not reject the creation account of Gen 1-2:3.

But Catholics, Anglicans, United Methodist, and (some Lutheran group(s) etc seem all too willing to toss Gen 1-2:3 out the window.

But the video in the OP from Dawkins seems to indicate that the atheist darwinist respond to that by having even more disgust for Christians.

In Christ,

Bob

16. Allan

Allan Active Member

Speaking as a Baptist, specifically a Southern Baptist pastor (in the North - go figure) and with many baptist friends not Southern (ie. Independent, Missionary, ect...) I do not know of any Church bodies (regarding their associations) who do not strengently go against evolution to the point of bringing in those with PhD's who speak out against it. I was apart of one such seminar a year ago in Ar. There is a Woman on the Baptist Board whos user name is Helen. She and her husband who are baptists travel all over speaking against evolution to churches.

So please do not place us in this Churches grouping. There may very well be one or two churches anywhere in any particular grouping who may be out there like the moon. But be that as it may, it does not speak for the vast majority of us as Baptists. :)

#16 Allan, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know about all Southern Baptists - but I do know of Baptist that accept Evolution.

However you are missing the point. 15- years ago almost ALL Christian churches would take the same position you are taking now. But THEY FELL - and prior to their fall they were just as confident that they were on the right path.

The fact that you have people actively engaged in debunking the junk science myths of evilutionism is to your credit. But remember this is not an issue between Christians and non-Christians anymore because NOW the vast MAJORITY of Christian instiutions are teaching atheist darwinism "as fact" SO MUCH so that they willingly attack NON-Christian evolutionists that insist on "Intelligent Design" because they claim that this view of evolutionism - "Admits to TOO MUCH about God".

In the recent trials in Penn - it was CHRISTIAN evolutionists shackled to atheist-darwinism that were bashing non-Christian evolutionists who admitted to "Intelligent Design". And "they won".

When this subject comes up on this board - you will sometimes see Helen post in favor of the science behind the Christian view. But those compromised Christians that promote atheist darwinism pretty much go unnopposed on this board - without comments - except by those who agree with them.

My point is that this is how it has been so successful in making inroads into Christianity.

But my point in the OP - is that Dawkins attacks on Christianity "in general" and "faith in general" is witness to just how "little was gained" by the compromise made by the vast majority of Christians.

In Christ,

Bob

18. Allan

Allan Active Member

I do agree with you here, but I also believe that the MAJORITY who claim christianity are not or at least a great many. Just because a person says they are a car and go frequently to the garage and even reads the car manuel consistantly does not make them a car.

Christianity is a life style and an unwavering belief. There is coming a day when God will seperate the wheat (true believers) from the tares (unbelievers) with in the His Church.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Also a good point Allan. Yet we have to admit that 150 years ago many "real Christians" were in those groups that fell. If we actively oppose corrupt doctrine that creeps into the church and inform the church members about the real strengths and weaknesses of these false views - then we are enabled to stand against the error.

God says to the watchmen that stand on the wall - to watch and to warn. But in the case of atheist darwinism - the watchmen got too tired or indifferent to warn, educate church members and defend the truth. Then the situation gradually worsened until it became the watchment themselves that began to proclaim the error.

In Christ,

Bob

20. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

Denominational acceptance of evolution

And this is exactly why I currently do not belong to any particular denomination, nor will I ever. There are many denominations that accept evolution as a proven fact, or at the very least, leave an open door as a possibility......being a member of such is the same thing as endorsing what they believe and yet I have no doubt many become members without looking into what the denomination stands for.

Interestingly, I have noticed that atheistic evolutionists know and understand that for Christianity to survive and stand, Genesis must be taken literally and that evolution has no place and cannot be true and yet many who profess to be Christians cannot come to this understanding.

J.