1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Day of Christ and Day of the Lord

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Keith Mullins, Dec 2, 2021.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 1:7-8, ". . . waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. . . ."
    Philippians 1:6, ". . . until the day of Jesus Christ: . . ."
    Philippinas 1:10, ". . . till the day of Christ; . . ."
    Philippians 2:16, ". . . in the day of Christ, . . ."

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2, ". . . Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. . . ."

Hebrews 9:28, ". . . So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. . . ."

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matters not what you think.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well ... there are some great answers here.

Great OP.

Hat tip, folks.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it seems to have been a common occurrence with his prophets to have been carried away 'in the Spirit', and like Paul, I can't help but think that they the prophets themselves really didn't know if it was actually in the body or not. Regardless, it was real to them.

2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not; or whether out of the body, I know not; God knoweth), such a one caught up even to the third heaven.
    3 And I know such a man (whether in the body, or apart from the body, I know not; God knoweth),
    4 how that he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 2 Cor 12

39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip; and the eunuch saw him no more, for he went on his way rejoicing.
    40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached the gospel to all the cities, till he came to Caesarea. Acts 8

12 Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me the voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of Jehovah from his place.
    14 So the Spirit lifted me up, and took me away; and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; and the hand of Jehovah was strong upon me. Ezek 3

And he put forth the form of a hand, and took me by a lock of my head; and the Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the gate of the inner court that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy. Ezek 8:3

1 Moreover the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of Jehovah`s house, which looketh eastward: and behold, at the door of the gate five and twenty men; and I saw in the midst of them Jaazaniah the son of Azzur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.
    24 And the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me in the vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me. Ezek 11

The hand of Jehovah was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of Jehovah, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Ezek 37:1

In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me down upon a very high mountain, whereon was as it were the frame of a city on the south. Ezek 40:2

And the Spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of Jehovah filled the house. Ezek 43:5

And it will come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of Jehovah will carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he will slay me: but I thy servant fear Jehovah from my youth. 1 Ki 18:12

And they said unto him, Behold now, there are with thy servants fifty strong men; let them go, we pray thee, and seek thy master, lest the Spirit of Jehovah hath taken him up, and cast him upon some mountain, or into some valley. And he said, Ye shall not send. 2 Ki 2:16

I was in the Spirit on the Lord`s day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet Rev 1:10

....I heard, a voice as of a trumpet speaking with me, one saying, Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must come to pass hereafter. Straightway I was in the Spirit: and behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and one sitting upon the throne; Rev 4:1,2

And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. Rev 17:3

And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Rev 21 :10

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 1.10 says THE Day of the Lord, where the definite article means that John is referring to a Special Day. This can only be The Day Jesus Rose from the dead which is Sunday

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    K. The day of the Lord is a very special day.

Matters not what you think.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever :rolleyes:

8. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, I've taken hours to study that very topic because it greatly affects one's eschatology and I wasn't comfortable with the standard take of my folks (Christian of same stripe). I believe those two references do indeed intend the same day, even though the day of the Lord has broad coverage of meaning in the scriptures.
    Please take the time to watch this video (mine) as I am confident in the Lord that it can be of benefit.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, whatever.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes the online NET Bible's footnotes are a treasure of information. Here is the link I use:

NET Bible : The Biblical Studies Foundation

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to thank everyone for their input. All things to consider in my studies. I appreciate the opportunity to examine different points of view than my own.

• Like Like x 1