1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Day of racing

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, May 24, 2009.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now it's a done deal. Eury, Jr. has been replaced

From NASCAR.com

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It's about time.

I believe that the problems with the #88 team start and end with Junior and Junior, both of them. Earnhardt's made some bad decisions, starting at the Daytona 500. I mean, how does a 10 year veteran driver miss his pit stall? Eury runs a bad team. I go back to the Daytona 500 and the team continuing to work on the car after the Nascar official tells them the car was out of the pit box. No way does something like that happen on either the #48 or the #24 team. Frankly, if I were Rick Hendrick, I would have seriously considered firing Tony Eury just for that.

I don't know that Lance McGrew is the answer, but I like what I read on espn.com.

IOW, McGrew doesn't have a clue about why they were doing what they were doing.

Frankly, this season has made me wonder whether I want to continue watching Nascar anymore. It's depressing to me when my driver continually runs in the back. My oldest boy wondered whether I was going to continue to be a fan of Junior's or not. But, I told him that you root for who you root for, even when they're bad.

It could be that the problem here is that Junior's just not very good. Lord knows there are a few million fans who gleefully point this out all the time. But, 18 wins in the Cup series suggests something different. I choose to say that the problem is both Earnhardt and Eury. I also think that now that a change has been made, the last variable to blame things on has been removed.

Junior has the equipment, the sponsor and a good crew chief. If he can't win now, it will be time to admit that Junior just isn't that good. But, for the first time this season, I have hope that Junior's going to turn things around.

And hope is a good thing.