1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Day of unity

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, May 28, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Often you will see Vets and AD tease each other about how much better their Branch of Service is superior than any other.

Well, IMHO - today - Memorial Day iIs the one day that we set aside our differences.
    On the first day of Basic Training (1970) our Drill Sgt told us that Charlie (the Viet Cong) was color blind.
    That they could only see green - and if we were wearing green (the color of our uniform) he would kill us. Well, let me add to what Sgt Nyland said- Charlie didnt care if we were Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force or Coast Guard.
    According to this web page over 1.3 million Americans from all of the military branches have paid the highest price for our freedoms.

And may I pass this on to our civilian friends - no person desires peace more than a GI
    We train hard to be a strong military, so we do not have to fight.

So to all my Active Duty military and Veteran Brethren I wish you a very sincere and respectful Memorial Day.

In addition, may I add my condolences to our Gold Star Families. :Cry

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, the Gold Star families, enough cannot be said about them and their pain. It's bad enough to lose one son or daughter in war, but can you imagine losing 5 sons as Mrs. Sullivan, the mother of the Sullivan brothers did during WW2? That must have been an extremely horrible thing for them to deal with. God bless them all!

• Like Like x 1