1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deacon Qualifications

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ktn4eg, Mar 13, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How would this apply to Paul prior to his conversion on the road to Damascus? What if his wife came to The Way while he was still a pharissee?
    It's also very possible that after his conversion he just up and left her. The other apostles did just that, dropping everything and leaving their families to follow Christ.
    It's also possible that he feared to return to his wife if she was not a convert for the fear she would turn him in to the religious leaders to be stoned.
    I guess there could be any number of possibilities. I never really thought about this too much before. Thank you all for brain exercise this morning :)

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well aside from turning the meaning with modern day 'spin' of "διακονοι εστωσαν μιας γυναικος ανδρες" on its ear, not a lot. :rolleyes:

After all, its all about 'committment', really. Why worry about what happens when we are not 'bound' by law, or a piece of paper? We are really very 'committed'; that's why we signed a Pre-nup!

Oh yeah! And Paul said 'let not one depart', as well.

At least, I guess it would rule out some "alternative lifestyles", as some sins are euphemistically called, these days.

Gimme' a break!

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007