1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deacons who don't/won't pray in public

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Speedpass, Apr 13, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lets refresh your memory...

"Fear of public speaking can't have anything to do with physicality, unless there's some physical problem with talking, which doesn't seem the case here. So it must have 'something to do with spirituality.'"

You called into question the spirituality of those with that fear. What else could "something to do with spirituality" mean...our spirituality is solid, and that's why we have the fear of public speaking? You then went on about "pride" being the cause.

2. ichthys

ichthys Member

"Something to do with spirituality" is the opposite of "something to do with physicality," which fear of public speaking obviously lacks anything to do with. If you do not have any spiritual shortcomings, and that grossly offended you to separate things into physical and spiritual like that, then "my bad."
    I'm sorry you took it personal, but the ideas about the source of fears of things that can't hurt us applies to everyone. They were directed to you because you were here in the conversation and I was responding to you and trying to encourage you to not justify your fears as much as you seem to want to.

So you don't think that a fear of something that cannot hurt you can be overcome with Christ. The fear is imminently bigger. Everything believers decide to do does not have a spiritual component to it. No one should encourage you to overcome the fear of public speaking, or any other fear, because that would mean they are questioning your spirituality, you are "the way God made you" and that's that, no need for change unless you want to, any encouragement should be discouraged as questioning someone's spirituality overall.

I just cannot think of any other topic that people would teach that cannot physically hurt us but that it's okay to fear and the fear should not be questioned in any way.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

webdog, It's your call, but I think you would be wasting your time to respond further to this person.
    I see a very critical spirit.
    I am about done here.

joe

#43 Joe, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm done with this thread, too.

Have a great weekend guys!

5. Joe

Joe New Member

You too :wavey:

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exodus 4:10-12
    And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

7. ichthys

ichthys Member

You haven't responded to or disagreed with a single point I made, only with me. And you've looked for backing while doing it.

And I have the "critical spirit."
    Classic.

8. ichthys

ichthys Member

Well it was nice discussing these ideas with you.

9. Joe

Joe New Member

ichthys, I hope you and others here have a great weekend. I don't see anything fruitful coming out of further discussion but thank you for your time. I appreciate your viewpoints. Take Care Brother

Joe

10. ichthys

ichthys Member

Yep keep it real man.