1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, May 21, 2007.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you watch it? Why is it such a phenomenon?

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The only way I would watch that show is if you forced me to ala "A Clockwork Orange". I haven't the first clue about why it's popular, but it does answer a question my high school civics teacher once asked about what people will watch on TV. I won't post the question here because of its crudeness.

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I've watched it a couple of times.... I concluded that it was a complete waste of time.

4. Songbird

Songbird New Member

It stresses me out. Plus, it emphasizes the greed of America.

5. Chessic

Chessic New Member

It casts its players based on how they come across on TV, like many game shows lately, and the producers seem to prefer loud, hyperactive contestants.

To me, the show can be interesting at times, the interplay between logic and intuition, greed and contentment, playing the odds or playing it safe, and even the public facades people wear.

I suspect the 25 or so gorgeous models don't hurt much either. Oh, and making a bad guy, "the banker," was a stroke of genius for nabbing the game show fanatics.