1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dealing with Jealousy

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 26, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I have a freind consumed with jealousy. I am going to meet with her tonight and would like some scripture to back me up on how this is sinful. She's not really interested in the Bible but I still would like to show her anyways. It's always worth a try!
    I am at work so I can't look at a Bible right now. Can you all share some scripture with me regarding jealousy? Thanks a bunch.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Chipsgirl,

We are currently doing a book for teenagers dealing with different topics and jealousy is one of them. I hope the below information helps.

“A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.”—Proverbs 14:30.

“Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.”—Proverbs 3:31.

“Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?”—Proverbs 27:4.

“For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.”—James 3:16.

“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”—Hebrews 13:5.

“Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.”—Proverbs 23:17.

“And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.”—Luke 12:15.

“For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one.”—Job 5:2.

“Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.”—Romans 13:13.

“Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.”—I Corinthians 13:4.

“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”—I Corinthians 3:3.

“But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.”—James 3:14.

“Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”—Galatians 5:21.