1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Speedpass, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why, but over the last 3 years I have gotten angry every time a JW tries to offer me "information" about their "gospel". Normally, they will sneak up on me and say "good morning" or something like that. Then I will tell them to go away, that I don't need their religion to fulfill my life. Normally, they come in twos--with one person making the presentation, and the second person staying in the car and giving me dirty looks. After I refuse, both JW's are in their car, continuing to give me dirty looks. Yesterday morning in Waco, TX, two JW's sneaked up on me, and I offered to share my testimony. While I was doing this, the 2nd JW who stayed in the car gave me dirty looks, so I just started walking off. How does everyone else deal with JW's?

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is another thread on "General Baptist Discussions" under 'Need Answers'. If God is continually bringing them into your life maybe he wants you to get prepared and minister to them.

The key is preparation and study. There are good books and web sites to help you do this.

Try not to be angry with them. These people are not in their right minds. They have been systematically brainwashed. Their persistence stems from the belief that they must do these works to earn paradise on earth. The people you see are victims as much as perpetrators.

Grace to you.

3. WinnietheEeyore

WinnietheEeyore New Member

I have had Jehovah Witnesses come to my door before, But yesterday I got mail from them. I have never gotten things in the mail from them. Is this something new they are doing?