1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Death of a friend

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Baptist Believer, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A 41-year-old friend and co-worker was found dead this morning in the swimming pool at a local gym. The medical examiner thinks he had a heart attack from some previously unknown medical condition. He leaves behind two young boys and a young wife.

I am particularly grieved over his death because he was not a believer as far as anyone can know. He had had some very unfortunate experiences with some condemning religious "witnesses" in previous years (quite the opposite of the One who came into the world "not to condemn the world") which had hardened him to hearing the gospel of Christ.

Over the past three years we have had some unforced conversations about faith (these issues always come up when you are open to others and share your lives together) where I had the opportunity to share a bit about my faith journey and the reality of Christ in my life today. However, as far as I know, it didn't go farther than that.

Please pray for his wife, children, family and many friends who are now struggling with the eternal questions.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry to hear of your loss of a friend. We never have too many friends and when we loose one it leaves a hole in our life.

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Sorry for your loss. It is always especially sad to see the death of a parent of young children. Be there for the family, they will need good friends and maybe God will allow you to use this as a way to witness to them over time.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The family is in my prayers.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that God will continue to comfort this family who are grieving.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that the Holy Spirit will strengthen and comfort this family in their
    loss of a loved one.

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the prayers and support.

It has been a rough week. God's people are ministering to the family and the family will eventually recover.

But the grief continues.

8. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:praying::praying::praying::praying: