1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Death on the new earth??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 30, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Now I'm confused.:confused:

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
    Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice forever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
    Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
    Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die a hundred years old; but the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed.

I thought that there will be no more death on the new earth where we live with Jesus how can people still be dying when Jesus is there living together with us?

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hi XDX, I believe these verses are speaking about the millenium kingdom when Satan will be bound for 1000 years. People will live longer but death will still occur. After the 1000 years Satan will be released for a short time and go about deceiving the nations, but his end will come and he'll be cast into the lake of fire. Then will be the new heavens and new earth and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. I've just given you a brief summary. I'm sure others can give you more detail if you'd like.
    :wavey:

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you read Daniel 2 carefully you will see the sequence presented to the Jews. They had no "first coming then 2nd coming" message from God. Read the story of the image and how the Messiah comes and sets up his own eternal kingdom.

This is the OT view of the Messiah. So you see a mix of what we now know is the real post 2nd coming post millennium events. (see Rev 21 for proof that the New Heavens and New Earth is post millennium).

So if the Jews had accepted their Messiah many promises that are delayed until after the millennium would have been fulfilled at the first coming of Christ. And yet that would be the period - pre millennium when mankind would live and die under the kingdom of Christ -- prior to glorification.

In Christ,

Bob

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

You mean that these statements are no longer correct because the jews didn't accept Jesus? :confused:
    Does this mean that during the millennium there will not be a new heaven and a new earth and only after it there will be a new heaven and a new earth? But doesn't this mean that the bible has wrong verses in it? :confused:
    And what I also don't understand is how can death still reign on earth and how can people still die when Jesus is living on earth as king? How is this possible?
    In the gospels nobody died while Jesus was arround! It's true. When Jesus was around there is not a single account of a person dying in His presence!! :eek::eek:

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a lot of guess work about the forthcoming new millenium for thousand years.
    I think Isaiah was talking about Rev 20, where Satan eventually revolt again. In New Millenium there will be new born babies as we read " the number of whom is the sand of the sea" ( Rev 20:7). They will still require the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ which means what Jesus did at Calvary. I believe they will remember the Lord's Supper even at that time though Jesus will rule there. There will be death of the people yet. If anyone dies at the age of 100, he or she is cursed as the normal people may live 1000 years or longer until the Kingdom of Heaven ( New Jerusalem) comes down.
    Many nations will come to Jerusalem and if they don't they will be cursed ( Zechariah 14:16-17)
    After this Millenium of thousand years, the Kingdom of Heaven will come eventually.
    The main point is that New Millenium is different from Kingdom of God.
    I think Amy G is correct in this matter.

#5 Eliyahu, Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

There may not be a Biblical account of someone dying in the presence of the Lord, but people did die. Death did not cease to exist during Christ's ministry. The Bible does not have wrong verses in it as you suppose. Whenever there is a perceived conflict of scripture it is always due to our poor interpretation. Keep studying and you will see that scripture is never in conflict. God's word is perfect.