1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Death Penalty Poll - Con vs Lib

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Sep 17, 2011.

?
  1. I am a "C" politically and Biblically - I support DP

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. I am a "L" politically and Biblically - I support DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am a "C" politically and Biblically - I don't support DP

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. I am a "L" politically and Biblically - I don't support DP

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. I am a "C" politically and "L" Biblically - I support DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am a "L" politically and "C" Biblically - I support DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I am a "C" politically and "L" Biblically - I don't support DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I am a "L" politically and "C" Biblically - I support DP

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. I don't fit into a category above - I support the DP

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  10. I don't fit into a category above - I don't support the DP

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I am a more consistent conservative than the modern Republican Party. I am very conservative but non-fundamental BIblically and I struggle with the Death Penalty.

I don't struggle because I believe the Bible is unclear. The state has the right to enact the death penalty. This seems clear in the Bible.

I struggle because I am unsure because of my lack of faith in Governments. In our history, there were many people sentenced to death for no other reason than the color of their skin. This immoral practice has given me cause for concern.

However, from a pure justice standpoint, I support the death penalty. I just have problems with how it has been applied throughout our country's history.

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I'm against both. Does that make me liberal or conservative?

They're both made in the image of God.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Well I hate being put in an L or C box, but compared to most I got to admit I am C.

Kill the guilty and save the innocent, pro death penalty, anti-abortion. That makes sense to me.

I believe the biggest problems with the DP the way we do it now is the difference from state to state and the time it takes to get to execution. If I were in charge (ok that’s a great big IF) I would support a federal death court.

Here is my plan, the states retain the right to sentence someone to death, but only the federal government carries out the sentence. If states like Vermont want to let everyone live, that’s fine with me, leave it up to them. When Texas or whoever sentences someone to death, they are immediately moved to the federal death row, perhaps at Fort Leavenworth or another federal facility. The death court lawyers go to work, check every appeal, do DNA or whatever else they need to be sure, and then within 90 days the sentence is carried out. Let them file for an extension if the death court lawyers need it and give them an extra 90 days, but get it over with and carry out the sentence. If it needs to be reviewed the death court does the review, no other appeals, no other intermediate levels. From sentence to execution, 90 days.

That is what I would do anyway.