1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Debit/Credit Card 3 digit security codes AND the anti-christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Well, the recent poll put it at about 1/3 reformed, 2/3 un-reformed (if you want to label it that way)...We are just LOUDER :)

Also, I repeat my initial question...if credit cards will be used to track us by the anit-christ, what difference does it make to how I live my life following Christ? Is there some sin I will be commiting if I fail to make this connection? Or will I be failing to obey some command in scripture if I don't think credit cards will be used this way? Why does it matter?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a tracking devcice is all it is, then IMO, no.

But receiving the mark of the beast (presumably the antichrist) may be symbolic of those adopting the thoughts (forehead) and committing the deeds (hand) of the antichrist.

That is - when one's thoughts and deeds are antichrist in nature then those are his because they bear his brand.

Not too probable of a believer.

HankD

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EV
    You are repeating the premill teaching that is popular today, but not with everyone. Many do not think this is at all correct.

We do not look to newspapers to figure out prophecy...we look to the word of God.

Being marked on the forehead????

Evangelist----- was this a literal mark???/or spiritual only seen by the angel who came to destroy??? was it literal in the physical realm to the naked eye??

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I would still like to know how the cards that require a 4 digit security code fit in to this???

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They're only held by people who will be taken up in the rapture...or the first part of the split rapture...:saint:

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know I am having a blast and learning allot. I am learning so much that I am going to re-read the books I have been reading which are as follows.

The King is Coming-Erwin Lutzer
    The second Coming-John MacArthur
    Until Christ Returns-David Jeremiah

All three are laymen level, however MacArthur is the most informative. In the Lutzer reading I just did he was talking about the invasion of Israel and Russia being Gog and so forth. Lutzer has found many correlations in the news and what not that helps identify the nations that will invade Israel. I compared what Lutzer has written to David Jeremiah's What in the World is going on Book and found many similarities in the interpretation. It us true that Russia will be aiding Muslim countries to attack Israel. I have many particulars and details in the books that I cannot give at this time, but they are there if you want them. The book is FREE with a donation.

The Jeremiah book When Christ Returns is more application based and Jeremiah has many stories to tell of people that ignore prophecy. Those in Noah's day ignored him, and were swept away. A man whom lived in the mountains of Mt. Saint Helens avoiding many warnings before the volcano irrupted and he died.

I also can tell a story of a frog that jumped in a pool and swam around like nothing was wrong. This frog was having a blast and finally had a body of water without visible danger as no snakes went into the pool. but what the frog missed was the invisible chlorine that eventually kill the frog. This frog spiritualized the danger and said they were not real. But this frog was wrong and died. In the same way those that spiritualize everything will be wrong in the end. Please do not be that frog!

John

#46 evangelist6589, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what is called "newspaper exegesis".

And FYI, nobody "spiritualize everything". But, the apostles did not interpret the OT literally as you would argue. So why should we?

8. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Ah, good, actual interaction and not just pointless rambling...:)

Well it only occurs in 4 places and all are relegated to two later epistles from John. This should be concerning for anyone attempting to show that there is a singular figure identified as such.

1 John 2:18 is really the more important verse here as John uses both the singular and plural. Of course just saying that means little since we understand Greek (and English) through context as well as translation.

Here notice the text indicates that some are saying there is an antiChrist but John then notes that there are many actually many antiChrists. This then should inform our understanding of vs 22, that those who deny Christ carry the spirit of antiChrist with them. This corresponds with 4:3 that speaks about the spirit and not necessarily an individual.

The final verse, 2 John 7, speaks along the same lines, contrasting many antiChrists with individual expression.

Now you can get an antiChrist but it requires a limited view of eschatology and that has its own problems. Frankly, too often I think we confuse the Devil with this notion of an antiChrist.

Yeah this is where dispensational hermeneutics gets off track. You have to force a read onto the text and then qualify it by saying there are many antiChrists, generationally, but until the end there won't be the final one raised up. So in order for the "Man of Perdition" to rise up requires God's authorization.

Of course believers won't be around for this...yet dispensationalists are rather caught up with identifying the antiChrist. Doesn't make much sense to me.

9. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Well its not necessarily a spiritualized hermeneutic. You can also take a historicist view of the text.

I don't understand the reformed moniker either. You don't have to be reformed to come to these theological conclusions. I'm not reformed. My eschatological schema is historical premillennialism. I take an idealist-futurist read of Revelation. When we go around manipulating Scripture to try to fit our eschatological scheme over the contemporary events we end up losing focus on what the eschaton is about.

One of the greatest damages to the theological credibility of evangelicalism has been the rampant speculations of people like Hal Lindsey (who finds the rapture behind every terrorist at this point) and Tim LaHaye (you can always make money off the end of the world.) Instead of sober reflection, handling Scripture with care, being mindful of the eschatological expectation of the first century beleivers who wrote these words, we end up abusing the Scriptures and making ourselves look like fools year after year.

Personally I think over-realized Jewish eschatology of the Second Temple apocalyptic period has more to do with how Revelation is shaped than 21st century dispensational premillennialism.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    your frog story does not answer the verses offered,or the question.if you cannot respond, why did you start the thread?

ps....rosh does not mean russia....

#50 Iconoclast, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Nothing there supports your contention about the CCV code, only that the credit card companies et al have access to our spending habits. Everyone knows that. It has nothing to do at all with the CCV code being the mark of the beast and Dr McArthur made no such claim.

12. markwaltermd

markwaltermd New Member

I have a lot of respect for Dr. MacArthur, and I've never heard him make such a wildly speculative claim (i.e., the 3-digit code stamping the mark of the beast). I was quick to look this up to see if I might be disappointed. I agree with others who have said that the transcript of this sermon does not support the statement that Dr. MacArthur made this contention. If you're interested in his eschatological views, have you read his Because The Time is Near?

13. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa. Now I get your point.
    You are having a blast.
    The frog in the pool was having a blast.
    Well, right up until he died - from invisible chlorine.
    Dispensational teaching is like invisible chlorine.

Friend, you better get out of that pool!

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's used twice in 1 John 2:18.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.​

Then 3 more times:​

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.​

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.​

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

Which adds up to 5.

Maybe, but who else then?

The devil (the father of lies) is at the top of the list of "anti"christs, no?

"anti" having the meaning of both "against" and "in place of"

Well, this is not a concept isolated to the "man of perdition".

There is the "beast" of Revelation. True an association between "antichrist" and "beast" of Revelation chapters 11 and 13 must be made.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.​

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?​

These are antichrists in the sense that they are worshipped as gods (instead of the Triune God).

Revelation 13:11 completes the unholy trinity (the dragon, the beast and the false prophet):

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.​

Oh, we will "be around" just not in the place to receive of the wrath of God.

Also:
    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:​

As an incentive to this righteousness in 2 Timothy 3:16:​

2 Peter 3
    9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
    13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.​

In the context of one of the "antichrist" chapters:​

1 John 2
    15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.​

HankD​

#54 HankD, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well what he did say on 1 podcast (which may not be in transcript format) was that the security code on the back of the card made it easy for the anti-christ to know who you are. I thought I had found the right podcast but it appears I did not. Or perhaps I misunderstood him.

#55 evangelist6589, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears I was misunderstood, or I did not communicate properly.

The Anti Christ can use your CC to find out who you are. Do you know anything about RFID tags and chips? The anti-christ will no doubt be implanting RFID chips into the skins of people to track them everywhere.

#56 evangelist6589, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  17. 12strings

12strings Active Member

And here I though it was the fact that the Credit Card companies have my FULL NAME PRINTED RIGHT THERE ON THE CARD.

Btw, I looked up guitar strap buttons on Amazon yesterday, and for the last 24 hours I have been seeing guitar strap button advertisements on every website I visit (including this one). Weird.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There are only 1000 possible CCV codes (000-999). That means that thousands of people share the same codes. I don't see that is going to help anyone as you suggest.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They may share the same code, but the card numbers will be different.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Instead of guessing and conjecture about what 'what might be' are we not better off the heed the word of God as we look forward to Christ's coming?