1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Debit/Credit Card 3 digit security codes AND the anti-christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause: Best post in this thread.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I also take the Word of God seriously but I always like to ask those "take at face value" Bible scholars how they interpret the following:

John 6:53-58
    53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
    54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
    56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
    57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
    58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The passage below its very obvious it should not be interpreted literally. However for things like "the thousand years" and so forth they need to be interpreted literally. One thing that Reformed miss is that the many times in the OT the millennial reign of Christ is referred to and needs a literal fulfillment.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And books of the Bible talking about dragons, beasts with horns, giant hailstones (unlike anything in history), rampant death and destruction, a guy (the author) who is admittedly in a hallucinogenic state should be taken literally?

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, there is a rule of interpretation that says if the plain sense makes common sense, look for no other sense. We know that all people cannot literally eat Jesus's flesh and drink his blood, so this is obviously figurative speech. But that Jesus will return and rule for 1000 years makes plain sense and can be literally true.

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

So when verse 1 of Revelation says "things which must shortly come to pass" yo take that literally just like the 1000 years.

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

What OT passages refer to a 1000 year MK?
    Do the New Heavens and Earth come before or after the MK?