1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debunking yet another lie by Obama:

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Sep 14, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

This gem is from Neal Boortz. He nails yet another Obama lie...

Source: http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2009/09/i-got-a-question-for-those-peo.html

"I got a question for those people..."

That's our president speaking. He's referring to the Republican opponents of his healthcare takeover plan. Obama says "What are you going to do? What's your answer? What's your solution?" He then goes on to say that the Republicans have no plan; they've presented no alternatives; all they want to do is make sure there's no reform.
    This, of course, is a lie .. and Obama knows it. He also knows that the neither the Washington Post nor the New York Times will challenge the president by presenting the GOP options that are already on the table.
    Just a few examples?
    • Expand health savings accounts.
    • Allow individual consumers to deduct the cost of their health insurance from their taxable income, just as their employers do.
    • Controls on medical malpractice suits.
    • Allow individuals to buy insurance across state lines.
    • Allow like groups to combine their numbers to buy large group health insurance policies.
    • Expand the treatment authority of nurse practitioners
    • End absurd state imposed insurance mandates that drive insurance costs up.
    Just to expand on one idea the Republicans have put forth ....
    Do you know that in some states it is actually illegal for an employer to pay for a health insurance policy that will actually be owned by the employee? In other words, the employer cannot buy an insurance policy for an employee that the employee would be able to take with him when he leaves or changes jobs. You have to ask yourself why this particular law would have been passed. Easy: because if you actually own the policy it increases your independence. These politicians simply are not going to take any actions that will increase individual independence. The motive force behind governance at the federal level is to create and expand dependency. So ... to respond to Obama's "What's your answer?" rant .. let's talk about changing this particular law.
    Try to remember some of these ideas put forth by the ObamaCare opponents the next time our president gets up in front of the cameras and says "What's your plan?"

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I made reference to the Republican house plan HR 3400 earlier on this Forum. Yes Obama is a pathological liar but show me one democrat who will admit it.