1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Decisional Regeneration

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Sep 13, 2003.

1. RTB

RTB New Member

Is an altar call necessary for salvation? No. Is there anything wrong with someone with a sincere heart for God inviting someone to come forward to be prayed with in order to learn why the sermon they just heard placed such feelings of conviction on their hearts? No. Is there times when too much enphasis is placed on someone "walking the aisle to the altar? Absolutely. But saved is saved, if someone accepts Jesus into their hearts sitting in their pew and someone else goes forward prays at the altar then they are just as saved. I wonder if Jesus looks down and sees where you are and says "Nope, can't do it there." A sincere prayer under any conditions and in any situation will be answered.
    Rom 10:9-13 (NIV)
    9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile-the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I went to a revival recently and was shocked to hear the Pastor of the church wanting anyone who made a commitment to stay after the services and fill out a form so that they could be "counted". It sounded like he had a quota to fill and his main goal was to fill that quota and forget about the person. I think that is the main problem, the numbers game, they see their success by the number of person who claim to have made a commitment and forget that these people need to be discipled.

In Christ

Ronnie

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know there are those who will announce the numers who came forward during a "revival." In most cases I think it is a bunch of hype.

Charles Spurgeon had people stay after who wanted to know more about Christ. If the purpose is numbers it is wrong. If it is to follow up on them. Great!