1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Decisional Regeneration

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Very disturbing. The speaker has clearly made man sovereign in salvation.

2. Interestingly, there are no texts in Scripture that commands anyone to initiate his or her own newbirth. There're absolutely none.

**Edited.

#3 TCGreek, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  4. ReformedBaptist

Ye shant hide the origin of that video production. I knoweth it well!!! :laugh:

Awesome video, I didn't know it was on youtube

Maybe I was wrong, I want the next 9 segments. lol

#4 ReformedBaptist, Aug 27, 2007
  5. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I can't get into youtube here at work, our firewall has it blocked. Is there a transcript available?

Les

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Obviously, God knows the heart -- but when He promises that "him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37 (your favorite), I believe Him. I would say Jesus made it pretty clear that if you didn't come to Him, that He wasn't "coming" to you, don't you?

And why would you, indeed, suspect that those present at that concert weren't "drawn" to Jesus (I mean, besides the theatrics?). Do you know the rest of the context? Do they sing modern music at your church? The one I'm going to join, my nephew is in the band. It's a teen ministry singing the truth.

skypair

#6 skypair, Aug 27, 2007
  7. ReformedBaptist

I don't think so, maybe you can view it when you get home. Can you listen to mp3s? I found this, but haven't listened to it yet, on Romans 9 and the topic of God electing nations or individuals. http://www.aomin.org/index.php?itemid=2126

8. ReformedBaptist

I am still waiting for your apology to enter into a discusion with you again.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you must repent, brother. what are you doing on Baptist Board while at work ?

just kidding, all right ?:smilewinkgrin:

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I've never known anyone who believes man can take credit for his own rebirth. It is all of God. We can't save ourselves.

11. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

regeneration

It is all about faith, trust and believing Jesus over what we want to believe. It is He who changes our lives.

To be reborn it is our willingness to go back into the mothers womb to begin again, a rebirth with God as our Father and the Holy Spirit as our Mother. As we as the bride being prepared for the Groom.

Matthew 23:37
    "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

But even what we mean by Rebirth must be biblically defined.

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The issue is whether or not we are regenerated first, or if God waits for us to make the right decision, which is what flips the regeneration switch.

There is a difference between taking some credit for your own salvation and saving yourself. I don't think any Cal has ever claimed that free-willers believe they can save themselves. Only Pelagians (and other religions) believe man has the capability to save himself.

But if your salvation hinges upon your decision, then you are the reason why you are saved vs. someone who decides differently. You must have some of the glory. There's no getting around that fact, because God didn't make the difference, you did.

14. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Hinges on God

Actually it doesn't hinge on men's decision but on God's word.

He said whosoever believes shall not perish but have eternal life. So those who believe salvation hinges not on them or thier discision, but on God and His word. It is God and His word that made the difference

#14 psalms109:31, Aug 27, 2007
  15. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Why are so many people so afraid of the reality of human volition? What is this big "scandal" trying to be introduced if human volition, created by God you know, is not just acknowledged but viewed regarding its interaction with the sovereignty of God?

You'd think people had "boogie men" trying to shame them for daring to even consider this quite real element in God's plan for humanity.

My personal belief is that the skewing and imbalance in many people resulting in a proper understanding of the function of the sovereignty of God and the human volition is because those without capacity for DIVINE SOVEREIGNTY are trying to comprehend it fully, and it can't be. Such attempts only result in maddening doctrines and ridiculous ends.

So many are shocked at the mere concept that God can and is sovereign while allowing the course of human events to be predicated on NOT just his sovereignty but incorporated in that scheme is human volition.

A gasp! How can this be! Heresy! God is no longer sovereign! Puhlease. YOU might no longer be sovereign if that were the case but God's sovereignty and your infantile capacity to grasp the nature, scope and function of divine sovereignty ARE not the same. For most people it simply comes down to them not understanding how both can exist so they OPT for an over emphasis on the one and then FORCE a THEOLOGICAL GRID on the Scriptures and any passages they can find as evidence that it is there are they claim, they use.

Must like looking for a certain number everywhere. If you add things, subtract them, multiply and so on the right way, a certain number will suddenly start showing up everywhere there are numbers. Why? Because you have determined it to be so, hence what you find you will MAKE be that way.

16. ReformedBaptist

I am not concerned for what God can do, but what He has said He has done in Holy Scripture.

That is all.

:wavey:

17. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

That is a very descriptive term: decisional regeneration.

And it does indeed match up well with Baptismal regeneration.

THe free willers still can't/won't answer the "why" do some believe and others do not.

18. ReformedBaptist

Interesting. Any free-willlers care to answer?

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

No, they don't. It has been asked many times before.

The point is even if you try to explain circumstances, you will always go back to God.

20. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I think you need to stick to trying to conjure REBUKES for me...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.