1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deer for breakfast anyone?

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by kyredneck, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Aha! Thanks for the info. One of these days we'll get back to life in the real world...this city stuff is weird!
    One of the best things in this world is jerky made from deer. Yummy! Oh, and wild turkey at Thanksgiving rather than those nasty store bought weird things!

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Sister! :thumbsup: And I've got the best venison jerky recipe this end of the state; years in developing from trial and testing by jerky connoisseurs from all around.

I like chicken fried and deep fried wild turkey breast, but I'll stick with Butterballs for Thanksgiving...

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a hunter, I've never held a gun but I can recognize them.
    You recognize the deer by their size, their gait, their place in the herd and their injuries.

My yard is the bottleneck between two large woodland areas. We could almost set a clock by looking at the herds as they pass through.

I keep the Deer-Off company in business. I think some of the deer might be developing a taste for Cajun.

I've booby trapped the fencing along one side of my property with old tomato cages and wire fencing lieing slanted or flat, usually the herd wades the stream rather than contend with the fence.
    Hunting is illegal since the houses are so close so the deer thrive.
    But I've borrowed a paint-ball gun and "spotted" a few.

Once in a whild we see a doe drop three fauns, they end up as runts, no bigger than a medium sized dog.
    We watch them grow, though they rarely reach full size.

Rob

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea Rob, I've given up on trying to grow sweet corn; between the deer and the coons it just ain't worth it, and I've got three big 'outside' dogs that should keep them run off but they don't. They move in undetected and eat at night without waking the dogs up.......i guess.......I don't know for sure. I know that during the day the dogs will chase a deer out of the country if they see it, and they always bark at the coyotes at night, but somehow the deer and coons come in below their radar. Blows my mind.