1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Del La Hoya/Maywheather

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Benjamin, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't kept up with the fights for quite a while but think this one might be worth watching. I've seen Mayweather in two fights and thought he looked pretty good, but don't like him or at least his personality. And Del La Hoya is slowing down in age, but has a good new trainer, sure would like to see him take it, but might be wishful thinking.

Anyway, I might pay to see this one as it happens, instead on waiting.

2. A&I

A&I New Member

Mayweather

I think Mayweather will win . I am pulling for Del La Hoya !

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm tired of Mayweather's mouth. I hope De La Hoya knocks it off his face. Having said that, I think Mayweather will win, though. He is that good.

#3 webdog, May 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too, just ordered the fight in hopes that De La Hoya takes that sucker out. If the fight goes long Hoya may get in trouble because of the conditioning of Mayweather, but if Hoya can take several of the beginning rounds he may just hold out.

Maybe some good body shots to slow the big mouth down. :thumbs:

Edit: to say this is suppose to be the biggest money prize fight in at least 5 years.

#4 Benjamin, May 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    split decision for Mayweather... now comes the build up to the rematch:laugh:

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I understand it was a great fight. I hope there is a rematch, being the outcome was so close.

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I heard De La Hoya interviewed and he said that he's old but in really good shape. That he wanted to entertain. I've got to think he did!

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    De La Hoya pressed the whole fight and threw almost twice as many punches, Mayweather would not stand toe to toe, just in and out with very few combos but was more accurate. Only when Mayweather was trapped against the ropes from running did De La Hoya start to get something. It was more a catch me if you can fight than a serious competition and as hard and fast as Mayweather could hit he showed very little heart for all his talk.

The fight wasn't worth the $54.95 to watch it and I wouldn't be suckered into paying to watch a rematch.