1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Demise of the US Postal Service

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Aug 24, 2009.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I started paying online when I received a charge from the credit card company (WalMart) because they claimed to have not received our payment. When I knew the bill had been paid by check and it was not received I went to the bank and put a stop payment on the check and sent another. WalMart later received the check we sent earlier and tried to cash it. When they tried to cash it and could not we were charged by them again for insufficient funds. We went to our bank and they said there was nothing they could do. When we realized that WalMart had charged us for a check we placed a stop payment on and that they had already received the money for the statement they had sent us we promptly cancelled their credit card. The person we were talking with acted like it was no big deal. She acted like she did not care and they were so big that they were the big cheese.

What we later found out by talking with our neighbors was that all of them had mail that did not reach its destination on the time it should have.

When I pay bills online I have immediate verification that the bill is paid. so now most of my bills are paid online and there is never a late payment due to the negligence of the postal service.

2. targus

targus New Member

Ok, Robert, if I don't tease you about not reading carefully, will you promise not to send me anymore mean PM's?

#42 targus, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not sure why you went to the bank, since it was Walmart, not yoru bank, that charged you an NSF fee for a check which you placed a stop payment on.

Online payments aren't necessarily more secure. I've had two instances of a credit card company not getting the payment. In one of those cases, it took two weeks to resolve. Now, that's only happenned twice in 10 years of me paying online. But considering I've only had one instance of lost mail in my entire lifetime, the chances are still miniscule.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did go to WalMart first and they acted like they were the big dog and did not care and were charging me anyway for a check that was not their's to cash. That is when I went to the bank.

When I pay bills online it shows up on my bank statement too. I have not had any problem yet.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I appreciate all the posts. It is eye opening to see what the public thinks about the Postal Service. I am going to drop the experiences printed here into a suggestion box we have at work so at least someone knows how customers feel. Again, thanks for your input.