1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat Candidates are OK with Homosexual Indoctrination of Children

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 29, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298307,00.html

Democratic Candidates Say They're OK With Second-Grade Teacher Reading Gay Prince Fairy Tale

Thursday, September 27, 2007
    By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

EXCERPT

A fairy tale about two princes falling in love sparked a backlash — and a lawsuit — against a teacher and a school last year when it was read to a second-grade class in Massachusetts.

But the three frontrunners in the Democratic presidential race suggested Wednesday night at their debate in New Hampshire that they’d support reading the controversial book to children as part of a school curriculum.
    Moderator Tim Russert asked John Edwards, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Hillary Clinton whether they’d be comfortable having the story — called “King & King” — read to their children in school.

Edwards gave the first and most definitive answer — a resounding and instant “yes, absolutely” — although he added that it “might be a little tough” for second-graders.

Obama agreed with Edwards and revealed that his wife has already spoken to his 6- and 9-year-old daughters about same-sex marriage.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

He doesn't think highly enough of his own views to expose them to his children. Boy the Christian is charged with values to impart to his children. But this dialog was in a political debate, not in his home.

About the only negative event concerning my own dad was when he said, in response to a question, "you decide for yourself". It was in response to the NYT saying God was dead. I was about 6-8 years old.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

God have mercy on this nation in November 2008.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a federal issue. This is a subject for state and, preferably, local governmental units, not the federal government.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The only problem I have with this position is that I believe there is a federal requirement that what gets recognized in one state must be recognized in another. (correct me if I am wrong)

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not for local school curricula.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a problem, isn't it.

A Republican party which has disappointed you and you currently despise or a democrat party whose leaders are intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt as well.:BangHead:

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Point taken.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Mankind is always trying to rationalize our sinful behavior. This is just another step in an attempt to make homosexual conduct okay. Perhaps it is or will be in the mind of man. But it will never be okay to God and shouldn't be to us either.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Our government schools are increasingly controlled by the federal government even if not directly. Your local school board will be happy to use the federal government as an excuse for the mindless policies they must implement. What presidential candidates have to say on subjects like this is a clear indication of how they'd support and enforce more legislation that will follow this trend. The goal has become more to mold the thinking of future voters than to provide sound instruction on the basic skills needed to function producitvely in daily commerce. If we had control - at the local community level where it should be - and schools weren't classed as "government agencies" but "private cooperatives" then we could as sensible people get what we want and know is best in our own little corners of the world. We could then tell both the state and federal governments to mind only the business for which we give them limited powers.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

One must believe God first before they will believe anything is a sin.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It may be a states rights issue, and I don't know the legal ramifications involved, but to address the homosexual issue at the federal level, and stop legalization, and normalization, would seem appropriate to me.

To me, put the homosexuals back in the closet, at the federal level, if possible. Why allow San Francisco (or anywhere else) to normalize and legalize teaching to children this destructive and evil lifestyle?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you propose to do this?

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

turn back legislation normalizing it. Return it to the same status as any deviance. Demand it's agenda be removed from schools. Legislate same sex marriage only. Make it known, like Dobson is trying to, that the Christian voter will not elect those who follow its agenda.

#14 hillclimber1, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely you are not suggesting that laws be passed making homosexuality a crime? If so, punishable by what? Death?

16. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I'm unaware of legislation declaring it normal. I think your beef is actually with culture. But like KenH asked, do you think there should be some sort of penalty?

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It wasn't that long ago that homosexual conduct was a criminal offensive to our laws. It still is in a very few jurisdictions - maybe only one - and who knows how long that will last. It would be good if we could just get things back to that previous state when most people knew it was wrong and weren't afraid to say so. Of course, it would be even better if such laws were not necessary at all but, until Jesus comes again, we have a need to regulate individual and group conduct among ourselves and we'd best do so lest we want every form of misconduct to be up to the each individual or group. The problem with it not being a crime is that it has become increasingly "accepted" or "tolerated" under protection of law. For those of us who've seen the change it is almost unbelieveable how far we've decayed in such a short time. Our criminal law had better be based on the God's moral laws given in our Holy Bible to the extent it establishes and maintains some acceptable norm for conduct among our resisdents and general standard for our society to follow. We can not legislate morality in the personal sense but we can and should establish and maintain a standard to regulate those that would deviate grossly from it.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are seriously wanting to make homosexuality a crime? I will not support such a move and I doubt that more than a tiny minority of Americans would support such a move.

I have no desire to see these United States be a theocracy. Anyone who wants to live in a theocracy can always move to Iran. After all, Ahmadinejad said a week ago that there are no homosexuals in Iran.

#18 KenH, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

To make an assertion that limiting deviant behavior will make this country a theocracy is heperbole in its finest form.

20. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

So answer KenH's question. What should be the penalty? And how should such laws be enforced... bedroom cameras? Please contribute something more substantial than sporadic one-liners to public policy.

#20 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2007