1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat Compares Republicans to Special Olympics Children

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by leesw, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

They who? It isn't clear which they you mean. As far as I'm concerned, either party is capable of it.

However, unless Fitzhugh is horribly stupid or the Kerry-Edwards staff terribly incompetant, which is a possibility, it's most likely to be a Republican dirty trick because they would have the least to lose upon exposure as well as the most to gain. I don't see that Fitzhugh has anything to gain from it. All the Kerry-Edwards campaign could get from it is a snigger and the tasteless undecided dumb vote, which doesn't seem worth the obvious downside of the backlash.

What have the Republicans to lose by this?

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

In fact, Fitzhugh isn't "distributing" this flyer. Someone (we don't know who) took it into Fitzhugh's HQ, and left it there.

Shortly afterward, Fitzhugh's opponent began to claim it was Fitzhugh who did it.

Any rational person can figure this one out.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bottom line?

Someone brought the flyer into the Democratic HQ and left it there.

Shortly after that, the local republicans released a news bulletin about it, claiming that Fitzhugh did it. (how they know who did it, they didn't explain)

I think anyone with any sense can figure this one out.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Has anyone ever worked with the Special Olympics? This is a compliment if you really think about it. You won't meet any nicer kids.

Diane

5. Monergist

Monergist New Member

The Republicans & I agree. Politics is dirty business.

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Not exactly true.

1. They are working together in the same office.

2. If this is not what Kerry is about, he should condemn it immedeiately and kick Fitzhugh out of his office building or if Fitzhugh owns the building, Kerry should find somewhere else to go.

3. It is just another in a long line of hurtful attacks on the citizens of America:

* Vietnam Vets who were accussed of being war criminals by Kerry while they were being tortured in Hanoi.

* Mary Cheney

* And now, children with disabilities.

This is Democrat Compassion at its worst.

Joseph Botwinick
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't expect a candidate for president to be aware of everything every candidate for state offices says or distributes. Can I look through what every Republican running for office says and attribute it to GW? OK. That's a fair deal.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Some were, but Kerry put the blame with the leadership, McNamara et al.
    Child of God? Lesbian? Is any of that not true? One of her first first jobs was for the Coors Beer Company working as a liason to the gay community, which kind of makes her a professional lesbian. She's a paid worker for the Bush-Cheney campaign - I don't know if she's part of the gay outreach or not.
    Not proven, probable smear which would make this Republican Non-Compassion at its worst.

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I've coached soccer for a long time. When my children were young, I had two Downs kids on two of my teams. They were fine kids and my life was enriched by knowing them.

I cannot express my disgust at whoever it was left that material in the party HQ. The Bush campaign tried something like this against Gore, too, and one of Bush's people was indicted for it.

Given his history, I think I know from where those fliers came.

9. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Nobody would ever think of using forged documents either.

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I get that you're being sarcastic, but what are you talking about?

11. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I think he's referring to a similar case, only with a democrat doing the dirty work. Dan Rather's memos turned out to be almost certainly faked copies (albeit copies of real ones), and the work of a democrat.

So before the democrats get all frothed up about the local Bush people doing this one, they need to remember that some democrats have been doing dirty tricks as well. Granted, using Special Olympics kids to get at Kerry is particularly outrageous, but I don't for a moment doubt that there are democrats out there who would have done the same thing, if they had thought of it first.

This kind of thing further convinces me that both parties have lost their moral compass.

12. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Neither. I know you know better than to use Pennsylvania Jim as the standard of right and wrong.

But neither is it a Christian thing to lower your standard to "how does he compare to Bill Clinton".

It's too bad that you can't judge politicians and their policies based on absolute biblical stnadards of right and wrong. But I guess that's the age of relativism in which we find ourselves.

13. ballfan

ballfan New Member

I get that you're being sarcastic, but what are you talking about? </font>[/QUOTE]Did you completely miss the Dan Rather-CBS forged document episode?

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Oh, that (no need to take such a snide tone, though). The general consensus is that Rather was badly, embarrassingly duped by one dude with a grievance.

In this case, who do you think is being duped and by whom?

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It's generous of you to think they ever had one.

16. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Oh, that (no need to take such a snide tone, though). The general consensus is that Rather was badly, embarrassingly duped by one dude with a grievance.

In this case, who do you think is being duped and by whom?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah that. Rather was a fish looking for bait.

Who knows who is responsible? I know I didn't do it.

I wonder how many of the flyers there were?

Give the Demo's some credit. They blamed Bush for hurricanes and other things. They probably did this themselves. Or maybe some Republican. Or maybe the guy from Texas that got Rather. Did they check the flyer for Kerry's or Edwards fingerprints? Endless list ain't it.