1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Democrats beating the war drums!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 27, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

http://www.history.com/topics/gulf-of-tonkin-resolution

You, as d0 most of the rest of the U.S. public, need a lesson in history not colored by the liberal idiots who wrote your middle school and high school textbooks, or the utter nonsense found on the Internet today.

The truth is, Ho Chi Minh was nothing more than a common thug whose heavy-handed interference in the democratically elected local, provincial and national governments of the South knew no bounds, including assassinations of local and national leaders. For eight years, Ho sent assassination squads into the South, in all murdering over 10,000 innocent men whose only crime was opposing communism and fighting diligently against it becoming the methodology of governing the South. He climbed to power on the dead bodies of his enemies, both North and South. His body count may actually eclipse that of the murdering mad man, Pol Pot.

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/vietnam_landreform-20060608.html

And western "scholars" have the gall to credit him with "Vietnamese unification"!! Fools! We needed to be in Vietnam, and we needed to win. We abdicated our responsibility, both to their people, and ours, by refusing to fight the war we traveled 10,000 miles to wage. Please don't talk to me about how "wrong" we were. The only wrong done was our abandoning of our ideals, and our friends in the Republic of Vietnam, the people of the South.

#21 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus Christ will be here!!!!!!!!!! That will be exciting!!!!!!

Keep your eyes on the prize my brother! Pain and suffering must come, Jesus said so, but keep your eyes on Jesus!

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So I guess all that stuff in the bible about helping widows and orphans and being peace makers was just filler then?

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must remember a different reality in Viet Nam than I did when I was there. The NVA was not a peasant army, they were a well trained, disciplined army. They had fought the french and had made them leave. They made us leave by prolonging a war until the politicians turned tail. And being the student of history you are, you also remember when China tried to send in their army into the north and the viet namese drove them out. They fought the only way they could to win, much like a revolutionary army did in 1776 in America.

Please don't think that I was pro NVA at all. Like you I have too many friends on the wall to ever think kindly or dispassionately about them. But you must give them the credit they are due.

We were absolutely wrong in leaving the tribal people like the montanards and the hmong to the viet namese. We abandoned them completely.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Realizing they are condemned to die by their own hands -- they chose sin and hell, God won't just send them there. And that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did I miss something? I thought we were discussing war in the middle east and how Jesus said it must be and get worse before He comes?

As far as your new topic introduced here, YES! Pure religion is helping widows and orphans and being peace makers, Amen!

Remember Poncho, the USA is not the church of Jesus Christ, it is just another government raised up to do the Lord's will in this world. There may be a few Christians in the mix. If the USA is entangled in the affairs of the middle east it is because God wills it that way. Do you think He is surprised!

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I doubt God is surprised about anything I'm sure He's seen people twist His word to justify laying down in the face of evil before. God praised those who stood up to tyranny in the Bible. Those who chose to go along with it . . . got no such praise.

#27 poncho, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! But each will have to give an account of the deeds while done in the body, whether they be good or bad.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep and that's why I'm doing all I can to make sure I don't have to answer for going along with evil by doing nothing to curb it.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God speed! :thumbs:

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Joel Osteen says, "I say, don't try to fight your own battles because God will do it."

See ya around Joel, be happy don't worry.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, sorry to have to inform you brother, but Joel is biblical on that one. Your objection is with Christ.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not need any advice from you. First of all, I told you I did not care to discuss Vietnam. Secondly, no lame and unhistorical argument you come up with was worth 58,000 American lives in misadventure lead by LBJ and McNamera. Sure you were there.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would have been worth it if the goal were to eradicate Communism. Not worth it to be puppets of the Communist U.N.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Freaking A!

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No my objection is with Christians who try to use the word of God to justify their own apathy. God warned us through His word what is to come so we could be prepared for it. Nowhere does He tell us in His word that it is His will that millions should suffer and die. On the contrary God has said His will is that no one should perish. So for you to come here and "inform" us that God's will is that millions should parish to bring about your little happy time is about as un-biblical as it gets.

#36 poncho, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really Poncho? Do I need to copy and paste dozens of bible passages when God declares He will DRAW kingdoms to war against kingdoms? Where God ordered killed the enemies against His people in the OT? Do I need to post the NT scripture where it tells us that Jesus will order killed before Him His enemies who fornicated against God? Really brother?

Sorry, but study your bible, it is perfectly biblical :thumbs:

Ever here of the battle of Armageddon? How many perish? How high does the blood run? Who destroys the enemies of God (that would mean they perish) when Christ sets His feet on the holy mound of Jerusalem? Who destroys the unbelievers after the thousand year reign of Christ?

Millions, billions, will perish at the hand of the Almighty, and then it will finally be "happy time".

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No need to go to all that trouble I can tell you where you are making your mistake without all that.

You are talking about the "wrath of God" that takes place after the tribulation when Christ returns. After the sun goes dark and after the stars fall from the skies at the last trumpet. God said His will is that no one should parish He never said His will was to destroy millions or billions of people.

Maybe you should spend more time reading the bible as a whole rather than stringing select groups of verses together out of context to "prove" your point.

If you'd rather sit on the sidelines with Joel and his forever happily apathetic crowd of "believers" while others defend your family your liberties and your humanity then just say so don't try to twist God's word to mean things it doesn't.

Just find yourself a nice comfy spot to spend your time here while the rest of us defend your rights and liberties. I'm pretty sure Joel would approve. Opa! Opa! Opa!

#38 poncho, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In part, but then there is the world flood when God killed all living except Noah and family. And then there is God destroying all but a few in Sodom and Gomorah. And then God ordering the Israelites to kill an entire people group, leaving none alive, not even their livestock.

Point is, you proof text that "God is not willing that any should perish" into this topic of war and we can see from history and prophecy that God has indeed and is going to will/cause millions to perish whether you dismiss it as "wrath of God" or not, it is still God willing the death and destruction of people. Thus, it would be poncho who is not considering the full counsel of God's Word before posting a proof text to make a point.

I don't believe I ever said anything about being a pacifist. Maybe you could look up a quote of me on that.

I don't think you were intentionally trying to twist God's word to mean things it doesn't say, but you did post God's word presumptuously without considering the whole of the scriptures and that it had nothing to do with my comments. But that's alright, been there, done that. :love2:

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I had to have my dog put down because he was sick and suffering. I didn't have him put down because killing my dog was my will. It was something that had to be done to end his suffering.

God sent His son to die on a cross so you and I might be saved. Does that mean it was God's will that His son be beaten and whipped and hung on a cross to slowly die? NO! He sent His son to die for our sins because it had to be done.