1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats for Life

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a former Union member and my father was a business agent of one of the biggest Unions in the country ( IUEC ) I can tell you that the Unions are as corrupt and self serving as any company. The junk that goes on by unions incredible. It is not like the workers can do without the companies.

2. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

I can agree with you on that. I do find it hard to believe that most companies and Unions are corrupt though. I do find my Union to be awesome.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I gave a few different options. At bare minimum, it's killing.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and AMEN.

Yes things do change. When I was a kid the South was solid Democratic. As time changed and as the civil rights movement grew things began to change in the South. The Republicians played the race card and the South followed.

As for Democrats being for big government, gee whiz, no Democrat has spend like the current Republicians, and no Democrat has grabbed power like the current White House or taken away civil rights. Seems the Republicians are not in favor of Americians continuing to have their civil rights.

A politician can play on the single issue voters, like abortion or homosexuality. They know it is a safe position for in reality they can do nothing about the issue. I have often wondered how many politicians have lied about their real beliefs on these and other issues. Well, we know that quite a few have lied about their REAL beliefs on homosexuality. Single issue voters should wake up and look at the whole picture.
    :tonofbricks:

#24 Crabtownboy, Apr 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we should ignore moral issues like the killing of the pre-born and homosexuality? So we can concentrate on what?

I still try to figure out how we can overlook the killing by abortion becasue we agree with other stuff. It's like saying that Hitler was responsible for genocide, but he got the trains running on time and he fought against the communists. For me, killing an innocent trumps the economy.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Fifty-Seven percent of Democrats agree with murdering the unborn.....(or are undecided...(improbable))

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this on the Internet, but could not get the link to work. I did a google search using the terms, "Republicians favor abortion.

Other interesting findings from The Harris Poll include:

A quarter (25%) favor permitting abortion in "all circumstances",

52 percent favor abortion is "some circumstances" and

20 percent do not favor abortion in any circumstances. These opinions have not shifted much in the past year;

While it is perhaps not surprising that most Democrats (63%) favor Roe v. Wade and half of Republicans (51%) oppose it, substantial percentages disagree. Over four in ten (45%) Republicans favor Roe v. Wade and a third (33%) of Democrats oppose it;

Interestingly, the percentage of Republicans who favor it has significantly increased (from 37 percent to the current 45 percent) in the past year and the percentage of Democrats who oppose the U.S. Supreme Court decision has decreased (from 43 percent to the current 33 percent);

Heading into the 2008 election year, it is worth noting that a majority of Independents (61 to 36 percent) favors Roe v. Wade. In 2006 the comparable views of Independents were 56 to 37 percent. [/B]

#27 Crabtownboy, Apr 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  8. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just shows the error of determining right and wrong by a political party's stance or by polls.

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically all this says to me is that the PR man for Hitler (Goebbles, I think) had it right when he said (paraphrased); "Tell a lie big enough & long enough, and most people will believe it."

Seems he was right!

1) It ain't murder, it's just the same as excising a "tumor"
    2) It ain't a kid, it's just a blob of tissue
    --amongst many others--:tear::tear::tear:

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Standard Christian copout for supporting pro abortion candidates.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Do you agree with the statement that the citizens of Iraq (not the insurrgents or al Quaeda) are human beings? Do you support our military killing hundreds of thousands of them in the name of Democracy?

12. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, of course I support the killing of innocents... but it's just manslaughter, so I have decided not to be a one issue voter...

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Outstanding!