1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Have to Have Someone to Vilefy: Here's the Newest

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 25, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/139869-budget-ax-man-ryan-is-dems-new-villain

Budget ax-man Rep. Paul Ryan is Senate Democrats' new villain
    By Alexander Bolton - 01/24/11 08:44 PM ET

Senate Democrats are pouncing on Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) role in delivering the Republican response to the State of the Union address to make the case that Republicans are intent on destroying Social Security and Medicare.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), the master political strategist for Senate Democrats, wants to turn Ryan into a bogeyman that voters think about whenever they hear about a Republican proposal to cut federal spending.

Schumer's strategy reflects an effort to revitalize a party messaging operation that many Democrats say fell apart after Obama won the White House.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I read the title of this thread before I even opened it, the first person to come to mind was Paul Ryan.

3. targus

targus New Member

Well we are going to have to do something about the Social Security ponzi scheme.

Is anyone even aware that in 2010 Social Securtiy paid out more than they took in?

I'm all for privitization if they send me my share when they do so.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

You and Me Both!

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Years ago when I was ordained into the ministry I had an option to get out of SS----if I just signed the form I would get back everything I had paid up until then and I would be free to invest the returned money in whatever IRA or comproble(sp??) program of my chosing

I didn't sign!!

I wish now I would have:tonofbricks::BangHead:

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Same here. I could have and would have done much better for myself than Uncle ever will. By time I get around to SS time the retirement age will be 75 and the benefits cut. And, I really doubt that will even happen. In thirty years there won't be any SS money left. ponzie schemes eventually run out of money and the late payers get the shaft.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Asking a question here for any reader

Back in the '30's when FDR started the whole new concept of SS----do you believe down in the recesses of his(FDR's) mind that he was "shiestering" the public "big time!!" ???????

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't seen Ryun's plans , but something has to be done. I'm certainly willing to listen.

Democrats only solution is a tax increase and decreasing benefits. Above all, they want to maximize the amount of money taken in so they can continue to write worthless IOUs in order to keep spending it.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about the "shiestering" of the public, but there is no doubt he intended for the program to grow and expand.

From FDR's 1937 SOT address:

There is also no doubt the present system is a trainwreck waiting to happen:
    http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TRSUM/index.html

The problem is there is no money to redeem "trust fund assets". It's gone.

#9 carpro, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The latest SS info:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110127/ap_on_re_us/us_social_security

Social Security posting $600B deficit over 10years

WASHINGTON – Social Security will post nearly $600 billion in deficits over the next decade as the economy struggles to recover and millions of baby boomers stand at the brink of retirement, according to new congressional projections.

This year alone, Social Security is projected to collect $45 billion less in payroll taxes than it pays out in retirement, disability and survivor benefits, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday. That figure swells to $130 billion when a new one-year cut in payroll taxes is included, though Congress has promised to repay any lost revenue from the tax cut. (another lie...repay with what???)

Last year, Social Security posted its first deficit since the program was last overhauled in the 1980s.

11. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Social Security needs to be tweaked a little bit and it will be fine.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When liberals talk about social security and "tweeking", they only mean one thing...

tax increase or benefit decrease.

It would serve you right if the system totally caved just when you epect to receive benefits. But it won't it'll be long before that without a major overhaul.