1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Impatient With Obama to Weigh In on Economy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 4, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So you posted something that has no validity or truth? For shame.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's exactly what he is doing, he plans to spend the holidays in HI where they have beach front luxury accommodation ready and he will mourn his grandmothers passing.

I hope we all agree, Frank is just a idiot and I would be ashamed to say I gave him my vote.

More proof the whole thing is political. I know the UAW has the Dem's but what is the GOP motivation?

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I agree we have one President at a time, and President Cheney would not like the President-Elect horning in on his gig while he is still on the job from an undisclosed location.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are incorrect.

President Bush and his economic team have already taken action. Because of their efforts...

1. Gasoline is below $2 a gallon
    2. Desiel is below $2.50 a gallon.
    3.. The stock market has stablized!

President Bush and his economic team have put into place the foundation for recovery that Obama and the demoncrats will take credit for (unless they mess it up with new, massive spending programs).

So, let's give Bush credit for saving this economy!

peace to you:praying:

5. Magnetic Poles

Let's not. The price of fuel has nothing to do with anything Bush and his team have done. There are other macroeconomic forces at work, and no matter who is in the White House, it will go up again. Was Bush also to blame for the rise to over $4 per gallon a few months ago? No.

As to the stock market stabilized, if this is stability, I guess the attack on Pearl Harbor 67 years ago today was just a Japanese weapons malfunction. It is very unstable, and not only that, it is in the tank.

Sorry, but the 19% of Americans who are still Bush fanboys are becoming a very small voice indeed!

6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    But many people on this board have blamed Bush for the high gas prices, as well as the rest of the economy.

So, let's give Bush all the credit now that gas prices are below $2.
    But the market has stablized in the 8000's range. It was Bush policies that stopped the massive free fall that was underway.

So, let's give Bush credit for stablizing the financial markets.

7. Magnetic Poles

Well, as I have stated, the POTUS has little influence over that. In fact though, McCain was running an ad when gas prices were high blaming Obama for the price. So maybe Obama gets the credit now?

I wouldn't call 300-600 point swings stable by any means. I fully expect we will hit 7000 or maybe even 6000 DJIA before it's all said and done. This market and economy is one I don't think Bush is proud to be associated with in any fashion.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Me personally didn't blame Bush because he was president, I blamed him because oil is the source of the Bush fortune.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This would have carried more weight if the stock market was stable and the price of gas hadn't of went down BEFORE the economic crises. Good try...

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The djia was in free-fall. It has stablized in the 8000's. Maybe not a smooth landing, but it is near the bottom of this cycle, unless the demoncrats do something stupid, like raise taxes on "the rich", or propose massive new spending that cannot be paid for.

I predict the market will stay in the 8k range, maybe a little higher into the 9k range, until Obama takes office and the first spending program passes. Once details are out on the first spending package, investors will get a great sense of how safe their money is in the market.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Why does every thread end up being the typical "Bush is responsible for all the world's evil" claptrap, or the "Obama is the AntiChrist" junk? Why? Can't you hacks think for yourself just once and lay the talking points aside?

No? I didn't think so.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It's not Bush's fault Obama is the Anti-Christ... Or is it?