1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats see lack of planning on Guantanamo Bay

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 16, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now Democrats are ganging up on President Barack Obama’s plans to shut down the Guantanamo Bay prison. Or rather, the president’s lack of planning for how to shutter the prison and how to handle the detainees.

“They say, ‘We’re going to close Guantanamo.’ OK, fine. How are you going to do that? That’s the question,” Rep. Neal Abercrombie (D-Hawaii) told POLITICO Thursday. “They should have had that worked out from the get-go.”

More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I've been seeing this uproar. They are listening to the conservatives and the message is penetrating the liberal ranks.

I have no doubt there will be a plan when the time comes. He has come through so far on most of his promises and he still has political clout. I do believe there will be a lot of politicians not happy with what he does but I think he will come through. They just need to keep faith and work on passing legislation...

3. targus

targus New Member

Faith?

Interesting word for you to choose when talking about "the one".

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has not come through on "most" of his promises. Not even close.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Stinky people love to stinky label the stinky politics which are too stinky to think about. I'm not calling any names... but if any are offended then they should look down.... they must be wearing 'dem shoes.

This has nothing to do with labels..... and every thing to do with common sense. Some people got the goods.... and some people...... well they must've been on vacation.

When annoucing a decision like closing Guantanamo, there should be a plan behind it. If it were already empty..... there'd be no problem to bolting the door.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

What can they expect with a brainless motor mouth for VP and a teleprompter for president. They have no one to blame but themselves.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

faith in what? the liberal baby killing president messiah?