1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats stall vote on unborn victims...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 24, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Unborn Victims Of Violence Act Stalled

Thursday, July 24 @ 18:14:38 CDT

Summary: On July 23, 2003, Senate Democrats refused to allow a vote on the Unborn Victims of Violence Act (S. 1019).

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) held a press conference on July 23, 2003 to urge passage of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act (S. 1019). Democrats successfully blocked a full Senate vote.

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) is planning on offering a list of amendments to S. 1019 next week that will effectively gut the effectiveness of this legislation.

Pro-abortionists are determined to make sure that no humanity is accorded the unborn child-not even if the unborn baby is a "wanted" child-and is killed during the commission of a federal crime.

Senator Frist considers this priority legislation: "It's critical that the Senate pass this legislation. There have been numerous cases of attacks against pregnant women where both the mother and unborn child have lost their lives-including the recent tragic deaths of Laci and her unborn son Connor Peterson. But today, there is no federal law permitting prosecutors to charge suspects with taking the life of both mother and child."

THE REST OF THE STORY

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I hate to say I agree with the decision (because, technically, I don't), but I don't think prosecutability should be based on whether or not the mother intended to keep the baby to term. That cheapens life even more.