1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Worried: Inside Poll says Hillary can be Beaten

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 26, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/26/wclinton126.xml

Hillary Clinton 'could cost Democrats dear'

By Toby Harnden in Washington
    Last Updated: 2:23pm BST 26/09/2007

A leaked Democratic poll has suggested that Hillary Clinton, the frontrunner in the race for the party's presidential nomination, could lose the 2008 election because of her "very polarised image".

The survey by the Democratic pollsters Lake Research indicated that both Mrs Clinton and Barack Obama, second in the race, trailed Rudy Giuliani, the Republican front runner, in 31 swing congressional districts.

The private memo, leaked to The Washington Post, painted what researchers described as a "sobering picture" for Democrats who believe that President George W Bush's disastrous favourability numbers almost guarantee they will capture the White House next year.

All polls show that Democrats are much more popular than Republicans. But when the names of individual candidates are used, the gap narrows considerably.

"The images of the two early [Democratic] favourites are part of the problem," the memo said.

The leaked poll found that Mr Giuliani, a centrist Republican with liberal stances on issues such as abortion and gay rights, leads Mrs Clinton by 49 per cent to 39 per cent in the swing districts.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Isn't this the worst kept secret in politics? As I recall, the "will not vote for Hillary in any circumstances" (mid-40s? I think) is so high as to make her practically unelectable.

She would have to get virtually everyone else.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over 13 months ahead of an election polls are basically meaningless. It's like predicting the score today for the Michigan-Notre Dame game for the 2008 season.

We all know that a mere seven days can be an eternity in politics.

I won't vote for Senator Clinton under any circumstances but that doesn't mean that the GOP candidate will receive my vote.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I agree! The only difference is that I will vote for Senator Clinton.