1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Demonic spirits

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Carico, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am still trying to figure out why anyone would want to be a Calvinust when they could be a Christian. That goes for Armenians too.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm actually a Calmenianist. But you're spot on about Christianity:thumbsup:

3. Carico

Carico New Member

I no more call myself a Calvinist than I call myself a Jonesian if I agree with my neighbor, Mr. Jones, on certain issues. I follow Christ alone. ANd he says in MT. 1029, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet I tell you not one of them falls to the ground apart from the will of my Father." Too bad you don't believe him. These people who don't know that God runs the universe because he's the almighty put their faith in the will of man, not in the sovereignty of God. that's called secular humanism, not Christianity.

4. Carico

Carico New Member

So let's get back to the topic. How do the demons gather the rulers of the nations together for battle? Or don't many people believe that verse either?:confused:

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't think there is one single person on this board that puts their faith in the will of man. Who are "these" people you keep talking about?

6. Carico

Carico New Member

Good. Then there should be no arguing about man's free will. Man doesn't have any. Man is either ruled by Satan or God as the bible says. :wavey:

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here's a verse that you don't believe:

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

How do you remove free will from this verse?

9. Carico

Carico New Member

Sorry, but I don't have the power to judge. So you need to learn the difference between judging and discernment. So you're wrong, I not only believe that verse, I know the difference between the two. ;)

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you sin? Who are you being ruled by when you commit sin? Does God make you sin?

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No I am not wrong. You have judged the hearts of all those on this board that don't agree with you and your Calvinist system and accused them of being unsaved, not believing God's word, not having discernment, being secular humanists..........ect.

I know I'm saved. But I am not a Calvinist.

12. Carico

Carico New Member

Read Romans 7:14-25. "Why do I do that that I do not want to do?" Read Paul's answer and it wasn't that he wanted to sin. ;)

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Non answer. The question was "does God make you sin"?

Yes or no.

14. Carico

Carico New Member

I could answer that question for you, but you'd simply say it's my own opinion. So I'm referring you to God's word because all the answers to your questions are found in the bible. So it doesn't help you to ask people for answers when you can get them from God Himself. And that's where I'm referring you...that is, if you believe God's word. If so, then I'm sure you'd want to get the answers from Him. :)

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ah, but I am asking for your opinion. :)

In your opinion, does God make you sin? Yes or no?

16. Carico

Carico New Member

I'm flattered that you want my answers rather than God's which seems strange if you claim to worship God as the one true God. But God knows better than all of us so it would be wiser to get the answers from Him as I'm sure you agree. :wavey:

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, since I'm talking to you right now and not to God, I would like to know your opinion. I will speak to God later. Do you have an opinion? Does God make you sin?

18. Carico

Carico New Member

We're here to discuss the bible. So you need to know what it says in order to discuss it. So unless you know God's word, then you won't know if I'm speaking for God or giving my human opinion. So it's a waste of time to ask me...unless you simply want to get into an argument with me or bash me if I don't agree with you. So which is it?:confused:

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Since you refuse to answer my question, "does God make you sin", I must conclude that you do believe God makes you sin. I conclude that because I have NO trouble in saying that God does NOT make you sin. Since you are unable to say that, you must believe that God makes you sin. That is blasphemy. But you obviously believe that God makes you sin or your would have boldly said that He does NOT.

By refusing to answer my question, you actually answered it.

20. Carico

Carico New Member

And you won't know if my "opinion" agrees with God's word or not if you don't read the bible. So it is crystal clear that you don't seek answers from God, but from human beings who can't help you on your deathbed.

So will it do any good to give you bible quotes since you're not interested in what God has to say? Yes or no. Then I'll decide if I want to give you quotes. :wavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.