1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Demons caught on video etc.?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Born_in_Crewe, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Have just been viewing a few videos of ghost stories/footage and this got me thinking, given that I believe at least some ghosts may actually be demons, have there been any cases where people have taken pictures or video of beings which they believe to be demons? I have seen the odd photo from time to time but other than that you rarely hear of it.

A lot of people do believe in ghosts and this is because of the amount of stories that exist and photos and footage which makes them believe there is something in it. And yet, a lot of non-christians would scoff at the idea of demons, even if they believe in ghosts.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone once posited that UFOs were of the devil; a "trick" playing upon people's search for something bigger than they are, but unwilling to believe in God--or easily led astray.

Ghosts would kind of fall into the same line of thinking, if you're thinking that way.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

The Bible speaks of spirits and warns us not to communicate with them, so obviously there is something out there. But I dont believe the idea of spirits being disembodied humans is biblical. Don's theory of demons portraying our dead loved ones is more likely, in my opinion, simply like he said...to lead folks astray.

AJ

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Creepy, but interesting ...

#5 PJ, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  6. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

That's what I said but the other way round :laugh:

The people featured in that story seem confused, contacting mediums and Catholic priests at the same time.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Based on legends and folktales - undoubtedly most of them not true.

If one actually sees something that appears to be a ghost or dead person, it is demonic.

There are only 4 explanations
    1. Imagination or delusion
    2. Hoax or lie
    3. Natural explanation
    4. Demonic

See my article on spirit contact. This area is one of my specialties (I have visited Spiritualist churches, seen mediums, and been in seances before being saved):
    http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_SpiritContact1.html

My strong advice is not to watch these kind of videos or films. They cultivate an unhealthy interest in evil things.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I tried to watch the video but I was unable to continue. I have trouble watching this sort of thing and the only way I know how to describe how it makes me feel is that is doesn't feel right in my spirit. In fact it makes me feel bad inside. That may sound goofy, but I don't know how else to express it.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think that's a check from the Holy Spirit! :thumbs:

10. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

That's interesting. I am interested in the subject of ghosts/demons etc from a Christian perspective, but I understand that it might not be healthy. It's only a passing interest, however.

In the town of Crewe, down the road from me, a guy who runs a blog about one of the local churches also does ghost tours... that is perhaps going too far.