1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demons

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 8, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So you reject the words of Jesus Christ as recorded by Matthew:

Matthew 12:23-30
    23. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
    24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
    25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    26. And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    27. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    28. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    29. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
    30. He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Jesus Christ is clearly teaching that by casting out demons He is binding Satan. Do you also ignore the following:

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

#21 OldRegular, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I understand why you quote from Anthony Hoekema. (You need to broaden your horizons).
    http://www.theopedia.com/Anthony_Hoekema

#22 DHK, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that refers to JUST satan being bound by God on behalf of christians though...
    but there is also a binding so that he will NOT influence the world anymore, not be in charge of the world system...

has satan been fully muzzled by the Lord yet?

Is God running this present Age according to his determined will, or allow satan to run his system in it?

4. OldRegular

The truth is slowly penetrating.

Not Yet!

GOD is always sovereign or HE would not be GOD!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God permitted satan to be the god of this present age, until Second Coming of christ, is he no longer sovereign then?

6. OldRegular

Asking another question does not change GOD.

GOD is always Sovereign or HE would not be GOD. You tell me y1: Can GOD cease to be GOD?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would He lose His sovereign ways if He permitted satan to be the god of this present age? The Bible clearly describes him as being such, correct?on 1!

Only 2 answers here, for either God is permitting that to happen right now, or else God is behind evil acts and sinning going on, so I pick option1!

8. OldRegular

Asking the question in a different way does not change GOD. I have answered you twice already!

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We all agree God is sovereign.

On earth every king is a sovereign. Every sovereign rules his own nation.
    Take the Netherlands for example. They have a King. He is sovereign over his own nation. To be a citizen you must renounce your American citizenship and pledge allegiance to the King of Netherlands and to him alone. You must promise to obey the laws of his country. He is the sovereign "lord" of that nation.

But just because he is lord, and simply because all citizens have promised to obey the law doesn't mean there is perfect peace and harmony in the land. There isn't. All do not obey the laws of the King. Some get away with it; others are punished, each one according to the severity of the crime that he committed.

Christ is Lord of all. He is sovereign. The Bible calls him Lord of lords, meaning that he is Lord, even over "lords" such as the King of the Netherlands.
    But he has given this earth into the hands of the "god of this earth," who is Satan himself. The Bible has made that very clear.

When he comes he will rule with a rod of iron. There will be no ISIS; no Islam militancy, no ebola crisis, no Aids epidemic, no Ukraine uprising. He will rule with a rod of iron.
    He is not doing so now. This world is in the hands of Satan, the god of this world.
    Christ will come and set up His Kingdom, and there will be perfect peace that will issue forth from none other than the Prince of Peace, such has never been seen on this earth before.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you didn't. You might like to think your answers addressed the question but it does not.

11. OldRegular

Perhaps you just could not understand my answer. I am not going to dance around and play twenty questions about the Sovereignty of GOD. One more time: GOD is always Sovereign or HE would not be GOD. That means GOD is Sovereign over all HIS creation. HE has never abdicated or shared HIS Sovereignty and never will.

It seems no one wants to answer a question I posed. Perhaps you can answer Revmitchell: Can GOD cease to be GOD?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

AMEN!!
    God is sovereign! He always will be. He is God, the Creator of Heaven and earth. He is our Sovereign God. There is nothing that can change that.
    I am the Lord; I change not. He is Lord.

And being Sovereign He has given the rule and reign of this earth into the hand of Satan who is the god of this world. Until Jesus comes again; until the times of the Gentiles are full; Christ will not reign on this earth.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does permitting satan to be the god of this current age mean that He ceased being God for now, and will resume that when Jesus returns?

Does God cause the Enbola outbreaks/Isis killing off Chrisitans then?

14. OldRegular

Answer my question y1! A question I have asked repeatedly!

15. OldRegular

A few Biblical revelations about the GOD of this world:

John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Corinthians 5:21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Acts 17:28. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Matthew 11:28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Genesis 1:29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Deuteronomy 11:14, 15. That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.

Psalms 65:9-13
    9. Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it.
    10. Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof.
    11. Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
    12. They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.
    13. The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, even while allowing satan to rule and dominate this world system until Second Coming!

17. OldRegular

Does the Scripture in my post #35 look like satan is ruling and dominating this world? Obviously not! At least to those with spiritual discernment!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is nothing to say that he is ruling.
    Look at one of the Scriptures you provided:

Matthew 11:28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

This is a plea for others to come to him.

In the Kingdom it will be a command. Every knee shall bow to him and tongue shall confess that He is Lord to the glory of the Father. They will have no choice about it.
    Does ISIS do that today?
    No, because Christ is not reigning on this earth. The god of this world is Satan.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus called Satan the god of this world, was he wrong?

20. OldRegular

Where?????