1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demons

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 8, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what are Satan's acts here on earth that you are so uppity about, anyway, and how do these acts negate God's sovereignty ?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God is not fully binding satan right now, as God allows him to still have false religions/cults, and to inspire those like in isis to cut off heads?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I admit I was confused temporarily and then common sense prevailed! Anyhow, you and the refugee from Bloody Breathitt County, Kentucky hang in there!

I do so wish these pre-trib dispensationalists would read Scripture:

1st Peter 3:22, Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

#63 OldRegular, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible also states that when Jesus comes again, at that time, all the kingdom of this world shall be crushed, and His etrnal kingdom established, correct?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have a proof-text. And it appears that you either don't care what it really means or are too lazy to find out.
    First, what is the context of then entire book, including this chapter? Peter is writing to suffering Christians, those who have gone through intense persecution and are presently going through persecution. This is a letter written to suffering Christians. Consider the theme:

[FONT=&quot]1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:[/FONT]

Our example when suffering is Christ. We are to follow his example.
    [FONT=&quot]1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:[/FONT]

Christ suffered, He suffered a cruel death unlike any other. He died. But now He is risen and sits on the right hand of God.

[FONT=&quot]1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.[/FONT]

He is gone to heaven where we will go when we die.
    He is on the right hand of God, ever living to make intercession for us, for that is His present ministry until He comes and reigns as King in His Kingdom on earth.
    The angels and authorities and powers are subject to him. These, presumably, are those that are in heaven.

This is simply a picture that there is reward for the Christian after they endure suffering for a season. There is an end. There is reward as Jesus was rewarded. He is our example. The letter was written to encourage suffering believers.

Remember there were no chapter divisions in the originals. They were put in much later, and are not inspired. Look at the very next verse:
    [FONT=&quot]1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;[/FONT]

CONTEXT!!! Therefore as Christ has suffered for us in the flesh, we must also have the same mind. We must also suffer as he has suffer and cease from sin. That is the lesson that Peter is teaching.
    He is not teaching that Christ is reigning as King on the earth: far from it!!
    Rather, throughout the rest of the chapter he is telling them to identify themselves with a suffering savior and not a King at all.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peter was getting them to focus above,as Jesus was there waiting to receive those who were to suffer, even perishg, for his name sake...

IF Jesus was right now enthroned as the King ruling directly, why would he had his own killed off in the Arenas of Rome?

7. OldRegular

Reading some of the stuff posted on this forum I am reminded of the words of the Prophet Elijah:

1st Kings 18:21. And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

8. OldRegular

1st Peter 3:22, Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Now consider who is LORD in the following passage:

Matthew 12:22-31
    22. Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
    23. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
    24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
    25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    26. And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    27. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    28. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    29. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
    30. He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
    31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

I have underlined some verses for consideration of those who don't know who is in charge!

9. OldRegular

This is really beyond weird. You totally dismiss the truth taught in the following Scripture that Jesus Christ is reigning from Heaven now on the basis that he was writing to suffering Christians.

But you can't even do that without slandering me:
    Then you put me on probation accusing me of slandering a man who has been dead 150 years or more! That is really pathetic. However, you are consistent with all your posts!

Well FYI most of the letters in the New Testament, including Revelation, were written to suffering Christians.

It has been noted by me and others that the passage from 1st Thessalonians which the Apostle Paul is writing to the Saints at Thesalonica who are concerned about the fate of those who died prior to the return of Jesus Christ. That the Apostle allays their concern is shown by examining the full passage concerning the resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, KJV
    13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

We see that Paul is simply teaching that Jesus Christ will bring the souls of the deceased Saints with Him when He returns and that the bodies of dead believers shall be resurrected before live believers are changed. This passage says nothing about a ‘secret rapture’; rather we see that the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God. That trump of God is the seventh and last trumpet as shown in Revelation 11:15-19, in 1 Corinthians 15:50-58, and in Matthew 24:29-31. The fate of the unbeliever is irrelevant in Paul’s message of consolation to the believer.

Yet the dogma of dispensationalism is that the passage presented above teaches a pre-trib removal of the Church, for which Jesus Christ died. That is totally false but we see here the weird interpretation that dispensationalists place on Scripture in an effort to make it conform to Darby's invention of the pre-trib removal of the Church.

Furthermore, they claim the removal is SECRET in spite of the Scripture telling us For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God. And of course how many have heard dispensational pastors tell of planes falling out of the sky, trains without engineers, cars and trucks and buses without drivers. {Icon you need to get another job and stop driving that truck unless you can put it on auto pilot!:laugh::laugh:}

#69 OldRegular, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is in charge, but he also has allowed satan to have some leash and permits him to commit eveil acts here on earth!