1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dems Withdraw Support of Armenian Genocide Resolution

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 17, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WASHINGTON — A House vote to label the century-old deaths of Armenians as genocide was in jeopardy Tuesday after several Democrats withdrew their support and sounded alarms it could cripple U.S. relations with Turkey

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302497,00.html

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Labeling this genocide was silly for two reasons:

1) It obviously was. Why overstate the obvious?

2) It would change nothing.

3. KenH

KenH Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Democrats prove to be gutless wonders once again.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Although I am a democrat, I think this is a good ending to this proposal. This was a mistake by Pelosi, mainly because of the timing.

To stir up unneeded animosity with Turkey doesn't seem to be in America's best interest at the present time, especially in the Middle East, in my opinion.

5. KenH

KenH Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not approve of allowng Turkey to dictate United States foreign policy. So much for George W. Bush being a tough guy with other nations. He is gutless in this situation and was idiotic to invade Iraq which is the reason why he is afraid of Turkey.

Republicans and Democrats - both major parties are afraid to stand up for human rights and for the founding principles on which these United States were established.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, a great big DUH!

Tick off an ally in a troubled part of the world over making a political statement over an event almost a century ago. Nice move! NOT!!

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if they were willingly caught up in Pelosi's efort to undermine the war or if they really didn't realize the ramifications of what they were doing.:confused:

Are they that uninformed?