1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Departing from the faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

...............ROAR!!!!...........couldn't find a dinosaur smiley that would "take" you old dino you. BTW, TRex said "hi"....:D

#101 convicted1, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, he is growing. He is in a size 42 pants.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Hey, I use to wear a 44, but now I'm in a 36.....:tongue3:

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the scripture said that I didn't--you just don't have a proper understanding of what it is talking about :thumbs::thumbs:

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Hello Amy Blessings to you :love2::love2:

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're in a section of the board labeled "Baptists Only"; that means that you also ascribe and adhere to a set of distinctives that have been identified predominantly with Baptists.

Granted, you have identified yourself as "Baptist" in your personal profile; but what you've been espousing in this forum is not generally accepted by Baptists, whether they be Southern, GARBC, Independent, Landmark, or any of the dozen or so other "types" of Baptists.

Since you are posting information that is not generally accepted as "Baptist," you should probably be posting in the "all other Christians" section(s) of the board.

Now you're being a jerk.

Remember the passage in 1 Cor 14 that says "let all things be done decently and in order"? If you want to be a Baptist, then adhere to the generally accepted baptistic principles. If you want to convert Baptists to your way of thinking, don't pretend to be a Baptist; just meander on down to the "All Other Christians" section, and I guarantee you, some of us Baptists will be down there with you to discuss what you've been throwing out.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well I never though discussing the Name of the Father and Son was against Baptist Doctrine ??

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't say it was against Baptist doctrine; said it was against the basic tenets of this particular message board.

But if you want to play that game--any time a "discussion" puts forth incorrect and near-heretical (if not outright heretical) teachings, then yes, it's against Christian doctrine. And considering the number of times on different threads that people have satisfactorily provided proof of your errors, well....

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How do you come to that conclusion?
    For what purpose is the law and do you keep it?
    Here are the verses that I posted and you responded to:
    James says if you break just one of the commandments (just one small lie will do), then you are to be held just as guilty as an adulterer and a murderer. If you break one command you are as guilty as breaking them all.
    Now we know you are not perfect. You cannot claim sinless perfection. Or, do you?
    If you do, John says:

You have called Christ a liar.
    His word is not in you.
    You have deceived yourself.
    And the truth is not in you.

Do you keep the commandments? All of them? All the time?

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I gave you the plain verse Psalm 68-4 His name is YAH

if you deny it you deny plain scripture.:love2::love2:

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Exodus 3 says God said His name is I AM. exodus 14 says God's name is Jealous.

To say His name is not i AM or Jealous is to deny Scripture.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

actually brother that is a title not a NAME.

NAME TITLE
    Yeshua The I AM

actual name of a person is not a title--for example

my name is ted and I am a Genius

someone would label me as---- Ted--The Smart One

Ted is the name and The Smart One is the title

theres a difference in a Name and a Title.

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

another example call upon the name of the Lord

this scripture plainly tells you to call upon the NAME

The Lord is a title of the NAME

it would be read as this----------------------------------

call upon the NAME of Yeshua

see how that relates the actual NAME of the person it is relating unto.

call upon the lord--whats the Lord's Name ???
    Pagan's call upon their Lord's also(title NOT name)
    Lord's can also be Men--as a master of a slave or a higher positioned one

So theres a NAME with every title that is being talked about.

14. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Now you are not only accusing God of being a liar, but also of being so ignorant of the difference between a tithe and a name.

God said His name was I AM.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Love love"? Why do you include that in your statement? Are you attempting to soften the blow of calling people deniers of scripture? Have some strength, man; girt your loins. If people are denying scripture, then be strong in the Lord and state it as fact, not some wimpy "you're completely denying God's Word, but I love you and you love me, we're a happy family."

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here it is again:

Acts 16:31 οι δε ειπον πιστευσον επι τον κυριον ιησουν χριστον και σωθηση συ και ο οικος σου

No Yah; No Yeshua. There is only one way to be saved; only one name. It is given above. You can read it if you like but it is not Yah, or Yashua.

Here is another:
    Acts 4:12 και ουκ εστιν εν αλλω ουδενι η σωτηρια ουτε γαρ ονομα εστιν ετερον υπο τον ουρανον το δεδομενον εν ανθρωποις εν ω δει σωθηναι ημας

This verse speaks of one name and only one name by which one is saved.
    It refers back to another verse. It has an antecedent.
    It refers to this verse:

Acts 4:10 γνωστον εστω πασιν υμιν και παντι τω λαω ισραηλ οτι εν τω ονοματι ιησου χριστου του ναζωραιου ον υμεις εσταυρωσατε ον ο θεος ηγειρεν εκ νεκρων εν τουτω ουτος παρεστηκεν ενωπιον υμων υγιης

No Yah, no Yeshua.
    But that is all the information you need.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well brother Moses asked for a name and YAH was upset because Moses wasn't sure he could actually do what he said he would do--YAH was telling Moses that I AM that I AM---meaning YAH was trying to get through to Moses that He was able to do what he said because he was The I AM--all power friend--YAH never said MY NAME IS---NO he didn't.

The Title of I AM that I AM--Moses knew by that title that YAH was saying doesn't matter what my name is--I have ALL power to do as I said I would do.

and the contrary psalm 68-4 Directly says HIS NAME IS YAH--which is a shortened version of YEHOVA--which he said his actual name was that they didn't know him by up until that time---see in 2 different instances YAH said his name was the same exact thing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Title is NOT a NAME.

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

scripture speaks for itself--when it says HIS NAME IS YAH

to deny that is to deny your own name---:laugh::laugh:

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you missed Psalm 68-4 in your theology--HIS NAME IS YAH !!!

20. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Which name:

Mal. 1:11. For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense [prayer/worship] shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering [spirit and in truth]: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

Whose name do we call out to when we want to be saved? In whose name are we sent? In whose name do we pray, preach, teach, and exercise divine authority?

Is it ... Jeshua, Yeshua, Yeshuah, Yehshua, Yehshuah, YESHUA, YESHUAH, YEHSHUA, YEHSHUAH, Yeshouah, Y'shua, Y'shuah, Jeshu, Yeshu, Yehoshua, Yehoshuah, YHVHShua, YHVHShuah, Yhvhshua, Yhwhshua, YHWHShua, YHWHShuah, Yhvhshuah, Yhwhshuah, Yahvehshua, Yahwehshua, Yahvehshuah, Yahwehshuah, Jahshua, Jahshuah, Jashua, Jashuah, Jahoshua, Jahoshuah, Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Yashua, Yashuah, Yahshua, Yahshuah, YAHSHUA, YAHSHUAH, YASHUA, YASHUAH, Yahushua, Yahushuah, Yahoshua, Yahoshuah, Yaohushua, YAOHUSHUA, Yaohushuah, Iahoshua, Iahoshuah, Iahushua, or Iahushuah??

Matt. 28: 18-19. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost ...

What name have believers been commanded to teach and baptize in? ... The same Person whom all power in heaven and earth was given to ... a Jewish man named JESUS! In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is the name of Jesus which is Christ, God's anointed one who came in the flesh.

Proof? ... Then go to the Book of Acts (where the words of Jesus were being demonstrated by the apostles and early church) and you will see every baptism of the true Way was done in the name of Jesus, as was all the preaching, teaching, deliverances, healings and miracles.

Deut. 28:10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

Still not convinced!? ... Then tell me why the name presented and exalted in the Authorized 1611 English bible is the most attacked name in society? Why is it the most degraded and spat upon name around the world, uttered as a malignant byword by millions, over and over again, every single day? Why don't you hear the name of another god being continually down graded? Why is not the name Yahweh being cursed, consciously or unconsciously, by the worlds masses?

Because Jesus' name is the most precious name in heaven and earth, and should be treasured above all names, as the only name behind the Person who rendered Satan powerless and broke the chains of sin and death. It is the only name where life and death hang in the balances between whether we deny Him or confess Him. It is the only name where freedom or bondage is in the power of praising His Name or cursing it.

Matt. 1:21. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Therefore, the Name Jesus (derived from Joshua - Jehovah saves) as Christ (the Anointed One), the English name taken from the Greek (as the New Testament was written in Greek, the universal language of its day) is the hallowed name of God coming in the flesh. The same Name exalted as the Name above every other name; as the only name whereby man can be saved; as the true and relevant name today ... that whosoever shall call upon the name, shall find salvation and favour with his Maker.

The Sacred Name Game: An exposé on the Hebrew Roots / Sacred Name Movement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.