1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 27, 2010.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would suggest taking the money of out the current money being spent in the defense department.

How much do think it would take? $500 billion?

2. targus

targus New Member

So what happens to those who enter illegally after you give the current illegal immigrants citizenship?

Do we deport them - or give them citizenship too?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't agree with giving anyone here illegally citizenship.

If we set up a legal foreign workers program and also go after employers consistently and broadly I don't think that we will have much of a problem with illegal immigration going forward.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I don't have a problem with who gets a job - as long as they pay taxes, ect.

My problem is all the benefits (welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, ect) given to illegals. Stop all the give-a-way programs, including education, and that WILL stop illegal immigration. And of course no more automatic citizenship for a baby born in the US by a non-citizen.

5. targus

targus New Member

So then under your plan those here illegally would not be granted citizenship or be deported but instead given papers allowing them to work?

Sounds reasonable - but what about their kids? Automatic citizens?

That sounds like amensty - only delayed for a generation.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would support amending the U.S. constitution to restrict citizenship by birth to only where at least one of the parents is a U.S. citizen and overturn that portion of the 14th amendment that gives citizenship by simply being born on U.S. soil regeardless of the status of one's parents: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: :thumbs: :applause:

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That would be fine but we really shouldn't have to do that because the intent of the 14th amendment was not to permit persons who came here illegally nor their children to become citizens - it was simply to recognize former slaves as being full citizens.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

So, how does this compare as a percentage of illegal aliens entering the county? No administration has done well at enforcing this law! Is the percentage of deportations relative to illegal entries up, down, or the same? We're told we now have about 21 million illegal aliens living in this country. What's 400,000 out of that number? Nothing to brag about that's for sure! We're being flooded with them. It's strange how people can grab credit for doing a good job at something when actually they're falling down on the job.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bolded mine

It depends on how much the press like you, sorta like the following:

Two boys are playing football at this park in a small town in South Carolina when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy takes a stick and shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, thus saving his friend.

A sports reporter who was strolling by sees the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. He tells the boy he's going to write the story and says, "I'll title it 'Young Tiger Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal.'"

I'm not a Tiger fan", the little hero replies.
    "Sorry, since we're in South Carolina, I just assumed you were", says the reporter and he starts writing again. He asks, "How does 'Gamecock Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack' sound?"

"I'm not a Gamecock fan either", the boy says.

"Oh, I thought everyone in[FONT=&quot] South Carolina was either for the Tigers or the Gamecocks. "What team do [/FONT]you root for?", the reporter asks.

"I'm just visiting my cousin, I'm a Georgia Bulldog fan", the boyreplies, "they're just the best!"

The reporter smiles, starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:"Little Redneck [FONT=&quot]F[/FONT]rom Georgia Kills Beloved Family Pet".:thumbs::thumbs: