1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deportation reprieve for senator's wife

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by ASLANSPAL, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061205/capt.8b1db004f43a4786bd1cc00183ffaa2a.senator_s_wife_deportation_garf604.jpg?x=380&y=275&sig=ot2UUXmgnN_b1nIKggrnHA--

[​IMG]

snippet:
    "When I first came here I was very scared. I'm glad the government agreed to reopen my case," Herrera said.

snippet:
    Government lawyer Terry Bird said a hearing will be held on a petition filed by Thompson to establish permanent residency for his wife. Herrera's lawyer, Charles Kuck, said he expects the hearing will be held in the next two to four months.

Kuck claims that Herrera was duped by a man handling her immigration requests and that she never received the immigration notices.

My comment : I think she should stay as she is now married and my bias
    here and I take responsibility for it...she is educated and middle class ,plus Colombia is a dangerous place as well.

Morally speaking I would never ever want a newlywed couple split up during their first year of marriage(important year) and hope she gets released on bond...imho.

Congratulations to the newlyweds and pray their first year of marriage is a blessing

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Kuck claims that Herrera was duped by a man handling her immigration requests and that she never received the immigration notices.

My comment : I think she should stay as she is now married and my bias
    here and I take responsibility for it...she is educated and middle class ,plus Colombia is a dangerous place as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If she was so well educated, how did she get duped?
    She should still go through the route of legal citizenship.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Professional dupers are good at what they do.

I thought marriage is one route of legal citizenship.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Why is the Hearing on her residency necessary then?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

She got in illegally?

Send her home . . . what? She's not a mexican so we want special treatment . . . ?

:tonofbricks:

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Everyone has to go through a hearing. For spouses, they ask stuff like, "Are you really married?" and "What color are the toothbrushes?", etc.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and route is the key word. It's the fast track to a green card (legal immigration status), but it does not bestow citizenship.

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's correct. Citizenship can be applied for after a certain number of years of residency (it used to be two, I believe, and it may still be).