1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Detroit tigers

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Mar 28, 2005.

1. AV1611Preacher

AV1611Preacher New Member

How well will the Detroit Tigers do this year? They have improved a lot.

2. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I'm from near Detroit. I'm Tigers Fan. Well, wait and see this year. Tigers improved almost 30 games difference between two seasons from worst record to improving season.

Alan Trammell is the Tiger Manager. He is ex-Tigers player from year 1977 to I think retired in 1997. I know him very, very well since I was young teenager. Also, Trammell hired his two former teammates - Lance Parrish, and Kirk Gibson. Three of them were played and won 1984 World Championship.

Let you know Lance Parrish is a born again Christian. He is now teaching Sunday School class, doing church ministry. He is a baptist also. Lance Parrish was my favorite player !!! [​IMG] I am so glad that he is a born again Christian, knows Jesus Christ.

Last Friday, I went to Comerica Park(baseball stadium) in downtown of Detroit, for plan to buy 2005 All-Star Game plus Home Run Derby. The cashier at Comerica Park told me, if want to buy 2005 All-Star Game plus Home Run Derby. I would HAVE TO buy all 82 home games seasons. Forget it, it was not worthy. I can't afford to attend ALL games because I need to work. I told to the cashier, that I disagree with it, and does not make a sense to me. He told me, all Major teams have the same packages for the All-Star Game. Oh well.

One baseball team, that I hate the mostly is Yankees!! :mad:

I hope Tigers would be much improve team this year, and possible make playoff.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I grew up in the Detroit area, and have been a Tigers fan through thick and thin, so my thoughts may be a little tainted, but I think the Tigers will at least finnish at .500 if not a few games above. will they make the playoffs... aaah, probably not this year.

They have a good core of solid hitters, and there defense has imporved as well, but oh that pithching...

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am sorry...just the thought of the Tigers actually being good... :D ;)

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

We will see... we will see...

6. PastorSBC1303

without a decent pitching staff they will struggle...they will win some games, but I don't think they will be even close to playoff contention.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Thats why I said I don't think they will make the playoffs this year, but I do think they will at least finnish at .500.

8. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Thought I heard that Bobby Higginson was on the trading block? Been awhile since I heard anything about him and didnt know he was even still with the Tigers.

9. PastorSBC1303

Not sure anyone would want him

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well Tigers won their home opener against KC.

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

WOW! Home Run Derby!
    Hope the pitching can keep up with the hitting. I've got a feeling that the Tigers will finish at least 10 games over .500.

12. west

west New Member

You guys have something to look forward to in baseball .I am from Pitts.Pa.I have to wait for football oh well ..

13. PastorSBC1303

I think it would be great for the game if they would finish that good, however I just do not think they have the pitching to get there.