1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Devil in dreams

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by biblebeliever23, Nov 11, 2004.

1. biblebeliever23

biblebeliever23 New Member

Early this morning (about 5AM), I had a troubling dream. I have had them before, with satan in them. But this is the first time I rebuked the devil in my dream. Here's what happened:

I was like back in high school and my close friend Kim was there. Kim is talking to me, and we're ready to leave school she says to me, I think I'm gonna go call blah and blah. Two guys names, but I Forget what they were. She basically had said to me she was going to ditch our plans and go sleep with two guys. (Know that though in real life Kim is not like that at all, she's pure and a virutuous Christian woman.)

So I was like, Kim....you were supposed to take me home. And you're going to ditch me to go sleep with some guys? what the heck is wrong with you? Seeing that she was annoyed, I walked away. I picked out my phone from my purse and preceeded to call my mom to pick me up.

now here's strange thing #1:
    Never with all attempts in my dreams, have I been able to make a phone call. Whenever I use my phone in a dream, it's because I need help (like calling 911). Every single time nobody answers, or I get the operator saying I dialed wrong. I actually got my mom on the phone, and was able to dial numbers, which I never see numbers. I could see my phone number on the phone.

My mom got on the phone and she's talking to me, and as she is, she said to me "I'm outside in the dark (apparently night time now), and I see green eyes in the dark, and green face, and it's glowing, etc"

She seemed scared. That's when I said "Mom THATS SATAN, he's trying to get after Kim!" And right as I said that, I'm turning the corner of the hall, to go to the staircase, and low and behold, Satan is standing right there, against the wall accross from the steps, motionless, but standing there as if he's been waiting for me.

It was like a movie that was paused, I could not move. You know how satan looks in the light of the world movie (by chick tracts)? thats what he looked like. Maybe even scarier looking. Bright red also. I couldn't see the body of him though, it was covered in a cape. He stood like 12 feet tall.

I then woke up, screaming "DEVIL - FLEE!!!!"
    Did it without even thinking. I think it was rebuking the devil that actually woke me up.

and then I repeated it and said "devil flee in the name of Jesus Christ." and I felt safe.

I was scared for a little while, after the initial shock but after praying for a half hour I could actually sleep after that.

Now I've had dreams like this before, and I prayed that if I ever was tempted by satan again, that I rebuke him next time. It worked! Without thinking.

Here's interesting thing #2
    Kim - my friend had a dream, seeing the devil just a week earlier. Accept he appeared to her as "mary". She said that mary was decending from the clouds, and her whole family was there saying it was the savior (she's been witnessing to her Catholic family for awhile now). In her dream, she said that she screamed, that's the devil!!!!!!!! something like that. She was really freaked out about it, couldn't even tell me in an email cause she was scared to talk about it.

All I kept doing was picturing his face in my mind
    after my dream, with how scary it looked. And I said to myself "why should I fear something that CANT hurt me when I should fear somebody that can (GOD)." I realized Satan was so silly, and I forgot about it and went back to sleep. I even got out of bed to use the bathroom. Before I would tremble and cling to my blankets.

Now, I'm just curious, does anybody else get dreams like this? I guess I should tell a little about myself. I'm 23 years old and recently was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (in AUG). It is incurable. I consider myself to be a very strong willed Christian, serving the Lord is part of my day. I feel that I'm going to be lead to do something important for God, but this disease is something that will both strengthen me as a Child of God and at the same time test me (right now). It's a very hard time for me because the drugs to treat the disease are worse than the disease itself. It seems like I have stopped living life like it used to be. The drugs make me very depressed, when prior to them I was full of Joy and happiness, Praising God (still am Praising God).

I think Satan is trying very hard to discourage or 'break' me because he knows I have a cause for Christ. I know that his only wish for me is to see me destroyed and useless for God. I know that right now things are rough and I am a bit discouraged, because of how things are going...but I know there is a difference between discouraged and giving up. I feel that in time I will accept all that is going on and I will move on. I just need the strength and prayer. I know that by getting this disease alone I have become even stronger spitirually and I have found more direction in my life. I decided above all things - marriage, family, career that I will serve the Lord. That is my Priority in life. That's all I want to hear is "well done, thou Good and Faithful Servant."

What do you guys think about having a dream like this? Thank you for listening.

Jane

2. Lori

Lori New Member

It's possible I suppose that it could be a combination of both satan trying to discourage you and also a possible reaction to the medicines that you are having to take.

I had a dream not too long back about Satan but now really can't remember it all that well.

It is really good that you are able to turn this bad news around and make your spiritual walk stronger from it.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Jane,
    I too have awful dreams such as this. I wake up screaming at all times of the night and my husband wakes me up and comforts me. I didn't start having these wicked dreams until after I got saved in Sept. of 2001. I know for a fact that if you strive and work for the Lord, the Devil will attack. My husband uses the illustration all the time in sermons that if you never cross the path of the Devil, it may be because you walk alongside him. You are obviously on fire for God and that automatically makes you Satan's enemy. I use to think the phrase, "The mind is the Devil's playground," was crazy but I think we are proof that it is true.

My advice, stay grounded in the Word and "pray without ceasing!" I will keep you in my prayers that the dreams will stop but that the experience will strengthen you as it has strengthened me.

4. FBCPastorsWife

Lori makes a valid point here as well. Many of the anti-rejection meds I am on can cause vivid nightmares. My boss (just had brain surgery) was on the same steroids I am on and he said he would have constant dreams of him walking amongst mutilated bodies and he couldn't talk. Very strange!!

5. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

You say that the meds are worse than the disease....is there any way you can stop the meds and try other holistic ways of treating the disease???

6. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Jane, I will pray for you. Also, I pray for you FBC. Your desire to serve the Lord IS what is causing the devil to attack. I like what your husband said, FBC, about maybe walking along side satan. Good illustration.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I assume you're taking Prednisone which can cause horrible and vivid dreams, personality changes, anger, cataracts, horrible taste in your mouth, a moon face, large abdomen and a camel's hump on your back. My husband took it for years.

Satan cannot enter your mind but he can use things like Kim's mention of her dream, a movie you've seen, something you've read on this board, etc... mixed in with hormones, medication, whatever to confuse you. I saw a commercial for a new show coming on soon that has a woman with green eyes. She's a vampire or something...

Diane

8. biblebeliever23

YES! I am on 60 mgs/day of Prednisone for two months now. I have told my hematologist what awlful things that drug has done to me (given me edema (I looked pregnant), weight gain, vision loss, depression, fatigue, moodiness, joint pain, acne, stretch marks, body hair, loose skin, etc. It causes premature aging (lovely thing for a 23 year old to hear). They have done a number on me psychologically. I came close to suicide once while on the drug because it messes with my mind so much. I think this is the perfect opportunity for satan to get at me while my guard is down. I am definately on fire for the Lord and I realize that I am a threat to Satan. Not even just the drugs but I am going through a rough time with my doctor whom I don't trust. Since I don't have money I go to a charitable oncology clinic at the hospital (which I am SOOO thankful for) so they kind treat you like you are, a freebee. I've had to do all the research which is good anyway.

Prednisone didn't work for me, and yet he still has me on the drugs and refuses to take me off. I have no other options to see somebody else because I have no money. I guess I could tell you what I have. ITP. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura. It's a blood disorder of destruction of platelets (platelets form blood clots). I have antibodies killing them. I went because of spontaneous bleeding back in mid-july and finally went to the ER where I got approved for charity care through the hospital. The cause is unknown and it isn't genetic. Most common among women in my age group 20-25 but isn't a common disease. My platelets initially went up after taking Prednisone but they crashed while being on the high dose. I then got IV immune-globulin (win-rho) and it worked though didn't last long (counts dropped again) and doctor is insisting I stay on Prednisone which if you ask me, is the drug from hell. Long term side effects are already setting in. I have a very decreased appreciation for the sight of my body. You can find more info at

http://seconde.scripps.edu/itp/ and
    http://pdsa.org

Doctor may want to do more aggressive forms of treatment such as chemotherapy and splenectomy which are out of the question! I'd rather bleed to death.

Anyway, thank you for your comments! I see that it is not that abnormal for a person that is close with God to have dreams of Satan. I actually don't watch tv although I do have memories of watching movies before I was saved. Television kind of disgusts me altogether. It's especially frustrating when you are stuck at home and it's the only source of entertainment (when you can't read either because eyes are so blurry and you are too fatigued to get out of bed). I end up watching the food network or animal planet because everything else disgusts me with all the sex, violence, etc.

Thank you for you opinions, I'm still listening if anybody has to add, and thank you for your prayers. Remission is pretty much out of the question, but I still need prayers. I started going back to church on wed (used to go 3x a week before going on steroids) and I was so weak I could not praise God the way I wanted to while singing hymns and it was a battle trying to keep my head streight up during the sermon which was excellent. I felt so disapointed in myself. I yearn for normalcy, and to be able to serve God like I used to, going out for soulwinning, being a sunday school teacher, etc. I know though God is on my side and he would not make me go through anything that wouldn't make me stronger.

Afterall my goal is to be a soldier for God. I can't face storms in the future unless I'm preped for some now. I know God also gives us illness so we can be more compassionate for others.

Kara

9. FBCPastorsWife

I have so much sympathy for people on prednisone. I have been on it (my fourth time) now since October of 2003 and will remain on it till I die due to my transplant. I too, am very young (25) and the thoughts of suicide stopped when I got saved. When I go into a bout of depression, I remind myself of the song "When We See Christ."

Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
    We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
    But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
    All tears forever over in God's eternal day.

Refrain
    It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
    Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
    One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
    So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
    We're tossed and driven on , no human help in sight;
    But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
    Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in pray'r.

Refrain

Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
    We'll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
    We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
    The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.

Refrain

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I kept a foster child for about 6 years who had Thrombocytopenia. She also had epilepsy and CP. She was mentally retarded with a mental age of 9 months. We were able to wean her to one dose every other day.

I thought of Prednisone the minute I saw your post. Hubby has been off Prednisone now for over a year. You can see his picture from then in my profile. He's lost the round face and a LOT of weight. He weighs probably 170 lbs. now. He took it for COPD/ Asthma and R/A. Jim had horrible mood swings and intestinal upsets too.

11. biblebeliever23

I think Doctors give you prednisone because it is so bad that you forget about your ailiment. Tonight I got so depressed, I didn't know what to do. I cannot help these feelings on prednisone. This drug should be banned. I cannot believe they give it to little children. Just so you all dont feel like your crazy that have taken prednisone, I'll post what this "miracle drug" had done for me. Insomnia, mood swings, I would flip out for no reason. I'm very paranoid, and I feel that people hurt me unintentionally. WEIGHT GAIN, I went from a size 10 to a size 16. moon face, I keep saying I look like a jack-o-lantern. Burning sensations, acne, neck, back, and chest, fatigue, sometimes I just can't move, always feel "drained". Face and body hair, and hair on my head falling out. Eating like a linebacker, I can polish off a full chicken, and look for more. Depression, I just break down and cry, for no reason. I get back pain, I would just wake up with major back pain. The added weight , pressing on my back while asleep. I have an inability to concentrate quite frequently, and I have memory loss. Sometimes can't even read the giant print in my bible. Joints crack like an 80 year old.

I being a single woman, look in the mirror and cry, looking at my huge stomach, that hasn't gone away. I was once a pretty young woman, and got alot of looks before prednisone.

I told my doctor (since I only see him once every few weeks, I'm not monitored while on the steroids nor does anybody at the clinic care) and he still demands I stay on the drugs. I would like to wean myself off but I can't do it without the smaller dosage pills. I prayed to God today (after combing my hair and a wad fell out) that I can't decide what to do and for him to decide for me. I am not a rational thinker on this drug.

Thank you for your love and support. I'm sorry to be venting, but I couldn't resist. It's very comforting to hear from others.

Kara Jane

12. Brett Valentine

Hi Kara,

God Bless You! I've definitely had dreams like that as well. One thing is sure, when you're tired, when you're sick, when you're depressed, that's when you'll most likely be attacked, but that is also when the SPirit is prayng for you (Romans 8:26-27). Remember, the battle is for your mind. If the devil can intimidate you, he will. If he can acuse you he will. I used to try "casting him out" of everywhere and everything (which didn't really do much good for me in fact, I'm sure I looked a little bit crazy). Finally, I started memorizing scriptures like: ". . .God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. . ." That was a particularly good one to memorize because when I meditated on it, I cam to realize that "fear" (not reverence, but terror) is not from God to His children. Simple thought, but when you realize it, you realize you really do have authority in Christ, and fear of the devil or dreams has no place in your life. Fear may come, dreams like that may come, and you might be afraid for a bit, but that fear is not from God.

Remember the armor of God and what it's for. I was mentioning this in another post on this board, but read Ephesians 6: 10-18. Read it every day for a week and write down what you learn from it. Memorize v.13-18, and actually say it as part of your prayers. It helps you put on the mindset that you are clothed in truth, peace, righteousness, salvation, faith, and that the Word is your weapon and it is effective.

I'm praying that God gives you peace ad healing.

Brett

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Reflect on these verses. I think they will help you.
    DHK