1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Devil Possession - At the Workplace?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro. Williams, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I am currently working at a severe MR (mental retardation) facility.

There is one patient/resident who, if placed back two centuries, would be considered possessed.

This individual is mute, but fully mobile and functional.

Typically 5-6 times a night (the shift I worK), he comes out of his room, begins a specific laugh which indicates his irritation, and proceeds to try and choke the life out of me or various other male workers.

After his fit, he brings his hands towards his chest and screams violently for a couple of minutes and then proceeds to make a lap around the sidewalk in front of the home, stopping every few feet to paw his foot at the ground like a bull.

Just curious as to the thoughts of others here today on devil possession.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

I don't know if he is demon possessed but it certainly sounds like he needs medication asap to calm him down so that he may have a restful sleep. IMHO, he would likely continue his behavior yet on a lesser scale.

I understand Demons do not like the Bible read out loud or prayer. I also understand a Demon can't hurt a Christian. Maybe try praying and laying of hands?

Joe

#2 Joe, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  3. Joe

Joe New Member

Duplicate post

4. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

It is a state run facility, the patients are medicated fairly well, although since I am not a nurse I am not sure what the medications this fella is on.

I do lay hands on him nightly, but just to keep his hands from closing on my neck... I know what you mean though. I do pray about the situation and for guidance in this area.

Also, I am don't know if a devil can hurt a Christian or not. Yuo have the story of the sons of Sceva, but they were liklely not saved men.

It is an interesting situation to say the least.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

I wonder if the medication he is taking actually contributes to this behavior.

There was a thread on demon possession here a few months back if you want to search it. Maybe you did this already.

Blessings,

Joe

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd suggest singing Power in the Blood in his presence, just soft enough for him to hear, or maybe, are you washed in the blood ?

Preacher friend of mine in the Philippines told me those songs are sure fire igniters for somebody possessed.

Hey, bro, you asked.

7. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

You know, I was thinking about the Philippines in relation to this as well. We support and are in contact with quite a few guys over there and this sort of thing seems prevalant there. I shoudl call one up.

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

When I was on mission in Tennesee (they have demons too, lol) some missionaries and I were at the laundry mat. A lady came in and I sensed evil. So did everyone else. Started singing about the blood and the demon freaked. She started yelling at us, and cussing, et. I started walking toward her and a voice came out of her and commanded me to stop. I kept walking toward her speaking the name of Jesus and suddenly she ran from the place.

I've bumped into a few demons on mission work. Some we were able to pray and the Lord delivered, some not. That may sound weird coming from a Reformed Baptist, but I was into a kind of satanism before I was saved. Them critters are real, but we have nothing to fear from them.

Start praying and fasting for this man. Begin to entreat the Lord for discernment as to his condition. He may just be nuts.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    been through a few situations myself in the past myself.
    I think RB's suggestion can be considered well.
    Ask the Lord for discernment.

10. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

As a teacher, my last post was in the Special Care Unit in a residential school for children with severe learning difficulties. The Unit was for youngsters who were aged between 10 and 19, but whose brains only operated at the level of a young baby. None could speak, and most needed help with feeding, washing and using the toilet. Many had other problems apart from their special educational needs, including autism, epilepsy,sensory defects, chronic asthma, etc.

Some used to exhibit the kind of repetetive behaviour you mention in your last paragraph. Some used to scream very loudly. Some would bite, scratch, or otherwise attack anyone who happened to be near. I would often go home at the end of the school day with bite-marks and scratches on my wrists and arms. Staff were advised to get innoculated against hepatitis B for this very reason.

However, in my view, this was not demon possession, but frustration.

You have my sympathy, brother. I trust that the facility does not expect you to cope alone, and that there is at least one other staff member on duty with you.

11. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Why can't a demon hurt a Christian. A Christian cannot be demon possessed, but that does not mean he can't be harmed or harassed by a demon.

12. ReformedBaptist

Probably because of this:

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 1 John 5:18

It does not mean that under the Providence of God satan cannot cast us into prison (through his influence on governments, et) or cause us to be put to death.

13. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Isn't this a reference to touching a man spiritually, the wicked one can not touch your soul. I don't think this is in reference to physically touching or physical pain.

14. ReformedBaptist

That's what I think. But I thought the previous post was in reference to this verse. Jesus told the Christians that satan was going to throw some of them in prison and kill them.

15. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

That he is. As Christians living in America we are going to face persecution. There will be a thinning of the flock.

Back to the OP. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt I work with people in the same building that are demon posessed.

16. ReformedBaptist

God's wisdom knows if America needs persecution or not. Maybe we do (the church that is). Sure will eliminate false Christains in a hurry.

17. jellico25w

jellico25w New Member

Just take the air, heat & overstuffed pews out, that will weed them out quick enough.

18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Typically.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best advice thus far. :thumbsup: