1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Devotions and Prayer

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, May 25, 2005.

1. Copper

Copper Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    When do YOU pray and read the Word? In the morning? Evening? Do you do so daily or sporatically?

2. Ben W

Ben W New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before bed suits me best, no doubt each of us is diffenent, yet I find that what suits me is to read approx four chapters of the Bible, and maybe have a look at a Christian book, I am currently reading one called "Getting through the Tough Stuff" by Charles Swindoll which I am finding quite helpful.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray as often as I happen upon a situation that IMO calls for Christian prayer. I pray a short general prayer upon awakening and before going to bed. I work swingshift, so I read a Bible at different times. I try to read at least four versions completely through in one year. Right now, I'm working on the AV 1611, reading EVERYTHING between its covers. While studying any version, I keep an encyclopedia and science books nearby, as I never know when the Holy Spirit may choose to expound upon a certain facet of Scripture.